PDA

View Full Version : Should I show down unimproved JJ in large pot?

Revid
11-10-2004, 03:32 AM
No specific reads except that table was very loose at the time.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (25.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (15.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (19.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 22.25 BB, between MP3, UTG and MP2.</font>

mmbt0ne
11-10-2004, 03:38 AM
UTG's limp-cap scares me. Usually in the micros that means AA. I would be surprised to see him doing that with a hand that doesn't beat yours, but we all know those people exist.
I'm raising the flop without a doubt when it's my turn. Try to drive overcards out, see if you can get a further read on the strength of UTG's hand.

Webster
11-10-2004, 08:25 AM
ya gotta riae the flop and then once the board pairs AGAIN - become a calling station. pot is WAY to big to fold. you have top pair and a scary board but . . . . .it's not like you don't have a hand.

I see so many people folding with top hand because they are worried they are beat when they actually have the lead.

AT this level people cap pots because it's fun and pretty, not because they have a hand. (sometimes /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

afk
11-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Actually I think calling the flop and raising a turn blank might be the better play here because the pot is so large on the flop. Even if you raise the flop, most hands are still correct to call. Whereas if you raise the turn you cut that down a bit.

I'm not sure whether I'd show this one down or now. In all honestly I'd probably lay it down on the turn like hero did. The pot is massive but I wouldn't be surprised if hero would have to put in more than 2BB (someone usually raises a board like this) to see the showdown.