PDA

View Full Version : fearing over set to much ????

pittisit
11-10-2004, 03:25 AM
Iam UTG (~270) with 44 and limp in a 1 2 game on party. The CO and button both call, sb calls and BB checks (~230). Flop 4d 7h 9d sb checks BB bets $5 I raise to $15.... sb CO and Button all fold, BB calls...turn Ks BB checks i bet about the size of pot $35 ...BB almost instantly comes over the top of me for all his chips ~$210 more...i really have no read on him and at first think the K made him 2pair...then i remember someone else who likes to play sets in this fashion (myself) and think he may have flopped either 999 or more likely 777. Is it really possible to fold this hand here having no read on my oppent and knowing the type of game that the 100NL game is on PArty, and completely let this opportunity slip away. My friend who plays these tables alot as well told me its an automatic call. I mucked the hand to my friends disbelief..who wanted to bet me $20 he was right, so i asked the guy to tell me what he had and he said K7... which iam really not sure he actually had....... seems like to loose of a flop call for alot of people with mid pair.

I explained to my friend that if i call i probably lose 75% of the time .... i figure its probably alittle better than 50 50 he has bet that much with an overset and about 10% of time he'll fill up on me on the river if he has 2 pair..

Ive been trying to improve my game lately to begin playing in bigger stack games. Did i read to much into this hand for the given stack sizes...should i have just pushed them in here and hoped for the best???

B1GF1SHY
11-10-2004, 07:03 AM
You're playing on PartyPoker. Unless you have an amazing read on this guy I don't think you can fold. If he has a set then good for him and I lose my stack. You can go back to the flop play and try to figure it out. If he did have a set, would he bet it on the flop with 3 people left to act after him? I'd think he'd be more inclined to slowplay, and raise the turn, but not all-in. The turn all-in really smells like two pair to me. I can't fold here.