PDA

View Full Version : O8 - Raise???

07-16-2002, 01:38 PM
Playing Omaha8 home game, 10/20. I'm dealt JQKA, unsuited on button. I call unraised pot with 5 players.

Flop: 10-J-K, two tone. Checked to me, I bet with nut straight and full house redraw. Not a super monster flop, but very powerful. One caller - sneaky player.

Turn: 9 offsuit. Tricky player checks, I bet, he checkraises. At this point, I figure he probably has same straight but with a flush redraw. I decide on to call.

River: A, making flush possible.

He fires away, I call, and lose to his king high flush. FYI, he also had a set of 10's and the straight on the turn (king high).

He had a pretty powerful hand as well, and while I was a decent, but not huge, favorite after the flop, I'm wondering whether I should have reraised the turn. I had the nuts, a decent redraw and was getting even money on a 3-1 favorite hand. However, I felt that there was a good chance that he had the same straight (and we'd be splitting) plus I was almost 100% sure that he had a flush draw.

Do you raise/cap it here?

Tom

07-17-2002, 12:38 AM
no big deal either way. if you were absolutely sure he wouldnt raise without what you said then call, and maybe consider folding on the river when the flush came. if you believe he could have done this as he did with other hands reraise and play the hand out but just call if raised back.