PDA

View Full Version : I think I got myself in trouble; how do I get out?

edge
11-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Players are kind of loose-passive, but not extremely so.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

I have to fold this preflop, right?

ecooke
11-10-2004, 02:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to fold this preflop, right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Right.
Regardless, on the Flop you have MP in a small multiway pot showing three to a straight and correspondingly your Ks are not outs.
Pitch it PF from EP and pitch it on the flop (you missed).

bisonbison
11-10-2004, 02:35 AM
I think this limp is fine.

JDErickson
11-10-2004, 02:35 AM
You played it fine.

I would have checked through the river.

KTs is perfectly fine to play in any position in a loose passive game. Dump it PF if you think there is a good possibilty you will get raised and not have a lot of callers.

Derek in NYC
11-10-2004, 02:52 AM
Ditto what JD said, with particular agreement on check-calling the river.

ecooke
11-10-2004, 02:54 AM
I agree that KTs is fine to play from any position in a Loose Passive game when you play well post flop. That said, recommending this hand from any position to the Small Stakes forum may be somewhat presumptuous.

bisonbison
11-10-2004, 03:03 AM
That said, recommending this hand from any position to the Small Stakes forum may be somewhat presumptuous.

Sigh. so is assuming that the "small stakes forum" isn't good enough to play strong suited broadways out of position. The SS forum does not consist of chimps. JTs is a limp here in a good game. QTs is a limp here more often, and KTs is better than either of those.

ecooke
11-10-2004, 03:38 AM
I didn't mean any disrespect to the players of this forum - I don't limp with KTs in EP and I'm not a chimp.

Care to qualify your comments on KTs and its suited broadway counterparts?

Rubeskies
11-10-2004, 03:48 AM
KTs in EP for one bet has good enough equity in the small stakes (and beyond) games that if you play well postflop, it will be a profitable hand in the long run.

There is really nothing else to it.

jordanx
11-10-2004, 08:43 AM
I like the line, aside from the concensus check-call river...

You are likely beat here, but the flop raise might force out some players w/ weak draws. Occasionally a better hand may fold (a Jack with a weak kicker in the blind). You might make a backdoor flush, a straight or trips. When you don't improve by the river and you still are up against 3 callers who you've been riding the whole way, it's time to check and hope for a free showdown.