PDA

View Full Version : I'm TA-N

meanjean
11-10-2004, 01:20 AM
I've played about 4300 hands. And poker tracker rates me as a TA-N. Is there anyway to figure out what to change to become TA-A?

CWsports
11-10-2004, 01:25 AM
increase your aggression post flop

Ajax410
11-10-2004, 03:27 AM
The biggest change you can make is, as was already stated, show more aggression post-flop. I have found that, when following a pre-flop raise, I will almost never call. It becomes a raise/fold situation.

If I have AK on the button and I raise, I'm expecting it to get checked through to me. If someone bets into me, I will often raise. Many players become passive if the flop misses them, but a raise here will probably force everyone to check to you on the turn, allowing you to take a free card if the turn misses you, and it will also knock out anyone who might now have to call 2 cold.

Ajax

davelin
11-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Make sure you're not counting pre-flop when calculating aggression.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-10-2004, 10:25 AM
raise/bet more postflop

zuluking
11-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Everyone say it with me......Sample size TOO SMALL!

meanjean
11-10-2004, 11:34 AM
First, Thanks to all that responded...and I'll start to post hands where I am torn between betting and checking...we'll see, maybe I'm a wuss.

Second....what is a good sample size...I once knew statistics (but I've slept since then and it appears to erase my memory)...4300 is a large number in my opinion...I'm sure that we have to be getting close to the 80% confidence level...but what do I know?

davelin
11-10-2004, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First, Thanks to all that responded...and I'll start to post hands where I am torn between betting and checking...we'll see, maybe I'm a wuss.

Second....what is a good sample size...I once knew statistics (but I've slept since then and it appears to erase my memory)...4300 is a large number in my opinion...I'm sure that we have to be getting close to the 80% confidence level...but what do I know?

[/ QUOTE ]

For some statistics (like VP$P and PFR), 4300 sample size is decent to start making some determinations. But when you think about how that number is cut by about 20% (number of hands you actually play) then another 30% (number you actually showdown with), then you can see that starting with a 4300 sample size becomes very small very fast.

Cardzy
11-10-2004, 12:28 PM
You raise with AK on the flop when you miss? Interesting. I have always bet out with it if I raised preflop, but just call if bet in front of me on flop. Maybe this is why I am TA-N as well. :P Is raising on the flop with AK when you miss the flop really a +EV move?

Would love some more opinions on this specific example!

davelin
11-10-2004, 12:32 PM
I also raise with AK if someone in front bets into me. It tends to get you HU with just one opponent, possibly cleans up overcard outs and buys you a free card on the river.

Cardzy
11-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Doesn't it put you in quite an uncomfortable position when you are bet into on the turn though?

davelin
11-10-2004, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it put you in quite an uncomfortable position when you are bet into on the turn though?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I fold and go to the next hand.

HesseJam
11-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Do you fold on the flop if reraised?

DMBFan23
11-10-2004, 03:19 PM
rarely would I fold to a flop three bet, unless it's capped back to me. I would call the flop reraise and go from there, probably folding the turn unimproved.

davelin
11-10-2004, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you fold on the flop if reraised?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'd call the re-raise and fold the turn unimproved.