PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything better than a Mike Tyson interview?

Ulysses
11-10-2004, 12:55 AM
I'm watching some boxing on the TiVo (Shamba Mitchell v. Kostya Tszyu). What a great surprise to see Mike Tyson in attendance - and Jim Gray interviewing him!

Talk about how he hurt his knee in his last loss and Mike talks about the rehabilitation required.

"Have you been doing it?" "Well, I was supposed to go today but I didn't. I'm gonna start doing it though!"

Can you be champion? People believe in you, do you believe in yourself?

"I have an implicit belief, yes. I just need the best surroundings as possible. I've been involved in some scrupulous surroundings in my past. All praise be to God. I'm glad it's Ramadan."

What about your financial situation? How are you able to live and get by presently?

"I'm just I'm Mike and as you see I'm always be OK. I don't know. I'm just lucky. I don't know. I might go to the store and someone might say there's a package left for you. And nobody believes it, it might be fifty or a hundred thousand. I don't know. It's crazy. Mike Tyson it's a crazy life. It's crazy."

Mike Tyson gives the best interviews in the world.

sublime
11-10-2004, 12:58 AM
i like when he said that he wanted to eat lennox lewis' kids, to which lennox replied he didnt have any.

mmcd
11-10-2004, 01:01 AM
How much would you pay to see 2 hour debate between Tyson and Don King?

Fck Boxing, they could charge a lot more for this on PPV.

sublime
11-10-2004, 01:04 AM
mike tyson and magic johnson would be better. now THAT would be a massacre of the english language.

Manimal
11-10-2004, 01:05 AM
No.

With that answered, I'll just fade into Bolivian.

astroglide
11-10-2004, 01:05 AM
http://kjkolb.tripod.com/homepage/miketysonquotes.html

"I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and Robin. When we got to the gorilla cage there was 1 big silverback gorilla there just bullying all the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let smash that silverback's snotbox! He declined."

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard."

Topflight
11-10-2004, 01:34 AM
You beat me to it. I was planning to start a Mike Tyson quotes thread.

I love Tyson interviews. The funny thing is that people actually get offended by the things he says. I can't ever get enough of him, yet people are appalled to find out I'm a fan. He's the only reason I am even the slightest bit interested in boxing.

BeerMoney
11-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Reporter: "Mike, what do you like to do in your spare time?"

Mike: "I like to play with my kids, I like to get high.."

Sincere
11-11-2004, 12:39 AM
I love Mike Tyson he is the greatest. My favorite quote:

"They got me on this zolof [censored] to keep me from killing ya'll"

Oski
11-11-2004, 12:51 AM
Tyson was given an honorary PHD. After his acceptance, he was interviewed and asked: "Mike, what kind of doctor are you going to be (tongue-in-cheek);

Reply: "Well from seeing all these fine ladies, I would be a gynocologist."

Source not readily available, but pretty sure it was Sport Illustrated - a number of years' back.

BullChip
11-13-2004, 05:42 PM
I like when he said he wanted to eat Lennox Lewis's kids after one of his fights.

Then says, "Praise be to Allah" not a moment after.

That was classic.

jdl22
11-13-2004, 06:21 PM
You ever seen the Charles Manson parole hearings? That is some funny shit.

Ulysses
11-13-2004, 07:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You ever seen the Charles Manson parole hearings? That is some funny shit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manson funnier than Tyson? I think not.

mmcd
11-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Don King gives Tyson a run for his money though...

tek
11-14-2004, 10:24 AM
Tyson just signed with Team Freedom. They are a great organization and if anyone can get Iron Mike back to a competitive level it's them. Heee's baaack...

Niwa
11-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Tyson is hilarious as always.

Evan
11-14-2004, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Manson funnier than Tyson? I think not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, they're pretty good. I saw some show on A&E I think where they showed some clips. In one of them Manson was saying how he never killed anybody. The judge asked him what he meant. Manson said, "If I started killing people there wouldn't be anyone left." In another clip a judge asked him what he would do if he got out of prison. Manson said, "If you let me out you'd be the first one I'd kill."

I mean its a sick kinda funny, but that's often my favorite kind. Tyson uses bigger words that he doesn't understand but I get the feeling Manson is just all around insane in a way that Tyson could never be, and that's always good.

nothumb
11-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Here's my favorite.

"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NT