PDA

View Full Version : A hand against a fellow 2+2er

BWebb
11-10-2004, 12:45 AM
This hand just happened a few minutes ago. I'm about to get offline, so I wanted to post it now. UTG is a 2+2er I believe (I assume this because they were playing the PLO8 game from the other night). I haven't played a hand since the 2+2er sat down and I'm not sure if they know I know that they know who Bison is. The other play is a maniac who plays pretty much anything preflop and raises with about half of those hands. I really don't like how UTG played the hand, and I think I could have done better myself. Thoughts?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has Kc Qs (two pair, kings and queens).
Hero has Kd Ad (one pair, kings).
MP2 has Qh Jh (straight, king high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 24.75 BB. </font>

Rubeskies
11-10-2004, 03:27 AM
I think you played it fine.

A case can be made for folding the river after the raise and the call but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

sin808
11-10-2004, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if they know I know that they know who Bison is

[/ QUOTE ]

Did this confuse anyone else?

I think you played the hand fine.

Clarkmeister
11-10-2004, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A case can be made for folding the river after the raise and the call.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a pretty damn strong case too.