PDA

View Full Version : Bet river for value?

brassnuts
11-10-2004, 12:36 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero?

spamuell
11-10-2004, 12:41 AM
Fold pre-flop.

Fold flop.

Bet river.

ecooke
11-10-2004, 01:13 AM
I agree, although explanation is helpful:
[ QUOTE ]
Fold pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a marginal hand, playable from LP in multiway pots for a single bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
You missed the flop. You're against a flush draw with a gut shot and at best recieving 1:11 odds in a 3 BB pot. You must fold here.

[ QUOTE ]
Bet river.

[/ QUOTE ]
He may fold a smaller flush (although unlikely) and will only raise with a hand you are well behind.

brassnuts
11-10-2004, 03:44 AM
Looking back, a flop fold probably would have been better. Though, I was actually giving myself about 5 outs on the flop, which I still should have folded, but it makes it closer. Preflop, I've been making this call on loose tables and probably will continue.

Thanks.

Clarkmeister
11-10-2004, 04:13 AM
You really need to fold the flop. You missed, the flop is small, give it up. Here's a good rule of thumb. If the pot is very small and there aren't many opponents, if you couldn't bet the first time you had the chance you damn sure shouldn't be calling.