PDA

View Full Version : Raise the turn?

Ianco15
11-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (12 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG has 4d 4s (two pair, nines and fours).
Hero has 9c 9d (four of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 20 BB. </font>

I really think I should have raised the turn. At the time I thought that by just calling I could keep the other two players in the hand on draws and make more on the river if either of them caught. But now I think I would have made a lot more with a raise on the turn. Comments?

CWsports
11-10-2004, 12:22 AM
Raise the turn and OESD or flush draws will still come along and if they do hit they'll most likely raise the river and you can reraise.

HajiShirazu
11-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Yeah, raise the turn for the reasons you gave.
LOL at UTG.