PDA

View Full Version : Do I keep close track of my account balance(s)?

Izaak_Walton
11-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Several threads recently have discussed people's poker site accounts being tampered with. This has got me thinking. I have to admit that I don't bother to check my balance and have only the vaguest notion of how much is in there. It's like my checking account--the first 10 years I had it I checked the statement every month item by item etc. During 10 years of this, I caught one $.23 error; so I just quit checking it, except in general terms. I'm curious to know how others handle this:

Izaak_Walton
11-10-2004, 09:12 AM
bump

phil_ivey_fan
11-10-2004, 10:22 AM
I think its important to keep track of this. I'm shelling out $$ for pokertracker to keep stats on my game, why not invest 5 minutes a day and keep track of my bankroll.

TylerD
11-10-2004, 10:59 AM
I would imagine most serious/semi-serious players keep at least a simple spreadsheet that keeps tracks of balances.

bogey
11-10-2004, 11:15 AM
hmm, I definitely keep track of my overall total balance and from my spreadsheet I could determine each site's balance at any given point, but i probably wouldn't notice if the balance was off by a $100 or so at any given site, maybe i should start jotting down starting and closing balances on each site too instead of just overall...

Cardzy
11-10-2004, 11:55 AM
I know my acct balance on any given site after each and every table I leave from. I maintain everything in an excel spreadsheet and notice even a few cents difference.