PDA

View Full Version : Back in Paradise... and I like it!

Greg J
11-09-2004, 11:21 PM
I went back to Paradise for a while to clear the $100 (50%)GRANNY bonus... I mean my wife is clearing this bonus /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

I am also hitting a pretty sweet upswing right now. Apparently Party is rigged, since I win so much more ar Paradise /images/graemlins/cool.gif. Seriously, the players at .5/1 are really as bad as they are at Party, plus the tables give flop seen %ge. Overall, it is just as good as Party IMO. Paradise .5/1 has the repuation of being less fishy than Party, but I see no evidence for that. Has anyone who plays Paradise at this level noticed a change here? Honestly thier .5/1 games is just as soft as thier .25/.5 game.

In any event, I wanted to let you guys know that the .5/1 game is soft and has a pretty sweet sign up bonus. GRANNY is the code. You have to play 100 raked hands to release $10 in bonus money. This makes it twice as hard as the Party/skins bonus to clear, which is still pretty darn easy.

Greg the Spammer

Greg J
11-09-2004, 11:37 PM
For those than can't take advantage of a new account bonus, see this thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=1239005&page=0&view=e xpanded&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

Shillx
11-09-2004, 11:40 PM
I have never played paradise, but I have heard from numerous sources that the play there is even worse then at party.

The Shill

A_C_Slater
11-10-2004, 12:01 AM
I play the .50/1 at paradise. It is the only account I have.
Just ten minutes ago I logged off up 35 BB's after 198 hands. They are extremely weak. And yes the Flop seen percentages are a great advantage that Partypoker does not have.

SomethingClever
11-10-2004, 12:50 AM
I just started clearing that bonus myself. Went up +27 BB in the first 350 hands, then -30 in the last 120 or so.

Games seem soft as you could want, but I really dislike the software. I had heard it was great, but it seems like molasses compared to UB, where I was clearing a different bonus.

Anyway, it's a pretty good bonus... 50% up to $100... and I estimate it'll take around 1700 hands to clear at .5/1.

cab4656
11-10-2004, 12:57 AM
I tried Paradise when I played 1/2. Wasn't impressed. I too thought the software was prety slow. I found it to be fairly tight, even at peak hours. I also dropped about 50 BB in the short time I played there, so that didn't help my impressions of the site. And for the first and only time in recent memory, I made a mistake in reading the board at Paradise. I mistook a spade for a club or something and thought I had a flush when I didn't. This resulted in me using the four color deck at all sites.

Buuut, glad you like it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skirtus
11-10-2004, 01:21 AM
I started out playing poker at Paradise and did well at the .50/1.00 tables. I was running around 6bb/100 over 10k hands. Table selection is more critical at Paradise. I found the $1/2 to be fairly tight but not unbeatable. I will play alot of different sites if I can work off some bonus. I havent found too many .50/1.00 tables that aren't profitable. They just arent as good as Party. But through in some bonus and Im there. I suggest hitting all the first time bonuses you can. Its a great bankroll builder and you will get the occasional reload offers too. Some of the sites allow you to work off bonus at the .25/.50 levels. So if your roll is a little short this is a way too grind out some bonus.

Greg J
11-10-2004, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some of the sites allow you to work off bonus at the .25/.50 levels. So if your roll is a little short this is a way too grind out some bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
I should have mentioned that! Yeah you can work off yr bonus playing .25/.5, and it only takes a $200 deposit.

mmbt0ne
11-10-2004, 02:44 AM
In my experience the paradise games were always a lot tighter and had better players than the party games. Is it really that much different now than it was a couple months ago?

Greg J
11-10-2004, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it really that much different now than it was a couple months ago?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe not. Maybe it just seems this way since I have hit a pretty good run of cards lately. But regardless, with this bonus, it's worth it.

Aaron W.
12-02-2004, 04:35 PM
I've only played at Paradise, so I can't compare with Party. But from watching the hand postings, it seems that there are more crazies at Party than at Paradise. The games are probably about as good, but just different. I haven't played $.50/1 in a few months, but I remember that those games were generally soft, loose passive games.

At 1/2, the games are a bit tighter, with people trying to get tricky (and failing), so you need to keep your head up a little bit more. But I'm killing those games at 5+ BB/100 (it's a smaller sample, so it may go down later). I think a lot of weak-tight players converge to 1/2 because .50/1 is too loose passive for them. They whine about players drawing out and not respecting their raises, so they go up to the next level.

It's surprising to me how varied the games can be, which is why table selection is important if you want to multi-table. (I don't do this. I play at one table so that I can focus on obeserving players and making fine tuning adjustments to my play as the game rolls on.)