PDA

View Full Version : A 10 and it's not even soooted

bosoxfan
11-09-2004, 10:38 PM
Not sure if i played this right at all.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

trumpman84
11-09-2004, 10:48 PM
I might of folded this on the turn unimproved. Unless SB is a maniac, I don't think he's 3-betting pre-flop with less than AK or AQ preflop or he might have AA or JJ..again I don't see KK or QQ being 3 bet on the flop unless you are up against a maniac. The aggressor was probably scared by the third flush card coming which is why he only called your raise, so I wouldn't be surprised if you still lost this hand even after hitting your two pair.

The purpose of the raise on the flop in this instance is to get more information about your opponents holding and see if your ten kicker is good...its pretty obvious it isn't so use this information you paid for on the flop to make a good fold on the turn.