PDA

View Full Version : Few hands I need help

pofi
11-09-2004, 10:14 PM
I just played some hands at NL25.I think that I made some mistakes, but dont know where.Please help.Without any reads at all hands.
HAND 1
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($25.72)
UTG+1 ($23)
MP1 ($23.5)
MP2 ($67.55)
CO ($23.78)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($25)</font>
<font color="C00000">SB ($24.25)</font>
<font color="C00000">BB ($23.5)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises to $4</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls $24.50 (All-In), SB calls $21.75 (All-In), BB calls $19 (All-In).

Turn: ($73.25) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

River: ($73.25) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 3 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $73.25
<font color="green">Main Pot: $71, between Hero, SB and BB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $1.50, between Hero and SB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 3: $0.75, returned to Hero.</font>

HAND2
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP3 ($38.3)
CO ($20.6)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($24.5)</font>
SB ($20.65)
BB ($25)
UTG ($21.5)
UTG+1 ($18.65)
UTG+2 ($16)
MP1 ($32.95)
<font color="C00000">MP2 ($69.75)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.50, UTG+2 (poster) checks, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls $0.50, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($3) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets $0.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises to $2</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB folds, BB calls $4.50, MP2 calls $3.

Turn: ($18) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($18) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets $6</font>, Hero calls $6, BB folds.

Final Pot: $30
<font color="green">Main Pot: $30, between Hero and MP2.</font>

HAND3
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 ($37.8)
MP1 ($36.57)
MP2 ($36.3)
<font color="C00000">Hero ($25)</font>
<font color="C00000">Button ($17.9)</font>
<font color="C00000">SB ($28.65)</font>
BB ($19.75)
UTG ($32.85)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, SB (poster) calls $1.75, BB folds.

Flop: ($6.50) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, SB calls $12, Hero calls $17 (All-In), Button calls $3.90 (All-In), SB calls $11.

Turn: ($68.40) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($68.40) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $68.40
<font color="green">Main Pot: $54.20, between Hero, Button and SB.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: $14.20, between Hero and SB.</font>

Results will follow in few days.

TheTimeIsUp
11-09-2004, 10:57 PM
1: I think you played this fine. It does look iffy after both of them call you, but you are in a decent position at this point atleast.
2: Raise preflop. Bet the turn for value. Tough river call there.
3: Looks like you were getting slight +EV here, so it seems ok.

Demana
11-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Isn't hand 1 a fold preflop?

43/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button with one limper is not a good hand.

DMBFan23
11-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Hand 1: would this be a good spot to get tricky with a pf raise, read dependent of course? is the all in with bottom 2 standard?

Hand 2: raise pf? I'd also bet the turn, but I don't know how much (green to NL, I'm a limit player. I know, I know, but it's not my fault.)

Hand 3: I guess you arent getting any action on your flush if it hits, and you got your money in now with a couple of players, so you got that going for you. how clean did you think your overcards were?

TakeMeToTheRiver
11-10-2004, 12:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't hand 1 a fold preflop?

43/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the button with one limper is not a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree -- I don't play these little cards without several limpers ahead of me.

However, after that flop, I have to believe our hero is in the lead... I might have raised less than all-in on the flop, but with the small stacks on Party Poker, I guess there wasn't much choice. I can't believe anyone played JJ without a pre-flop raise and 33 or 44 are unlikely (given hero's hand). I would put one of the callers on a flush draw and the other on a J with a good kicker (probably a K or T, if the results were bad).

Zag
11-10-2004, 12:23 PM
1. I had the same thought as DMB, this might be a good opportunity to get tricky with a PFR. However, that would be more for the NL100 or NL200 game on Party. I find that bluffing, semi-bluffing, and blind-stealing are generally not profitable in the NL25 games. Given that, I like how you played it, and the only alternative would have been to fold the flop, if the BB was (uncharacteristically for NL25) very tight with his min raises. If you are going to raise on the flop, it will make you pot committed, so you might as well push.

2. Raise Preflop. Raise more on the flop. You really want to isolate to a single player with this special case of "suited hand makes pair plus flush draw." On the other hand, your pair is top pair second kicker, and your flush draw is second nuts, so more customers is not as bad as it would be with a lesser hand or a lesser draw. I don't have any problem with the check on the turn -- you might be dead to a boat at that point, and a bet would just bring you a check-raise. The river call is an easy one, IMHO. There is easily a 20% chance you are ahead -- bad queens, missed flush draws, and even hands like JJ might have bet here. If his bet had been pot-sized or bigger, it would be tougher to call, but you should still call it a game-theory-appropriate percentage of the time.

3. I think you played this one fine, though I also wouldn't argue with a fold to the raise on the flop. (I do like betting out on the flop.) He has priced you in, especially with the other caller. And, once you call, you are going to be pot-committed, so you might as well push now, before another spade kills your action. That is, you will be going all in on the turn no matter what comes -- the only question is whether or not your opponent will be going all in with you. If a spade hits, he might not. Betting now keeps him from escaping. (Again, it is critical that, by calling, you have already given up your chance to escape. Only then are you interested in cutting off his escape.)

pofi
11-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Thank you for all the replys.Strange thing, but in the hand 1 I was drawing dead:
frankysgal shows [ Js, 3s ] two pairs, jacks and threes.
pofigan shows [ 3d, 4d ] two pairs, fours and threes.
jsiano shows [ 4h, Jh ] two pairs, jacks and fours.
pofigan wins $0.75 from side pot #2 with two pairs, fours and threes.
jsiano wins $1.5 from side pot #1 with two pairs, jacks and fours.
jsiano wins $68 from the main pot with two pairs, jacks and fours.
May be it were possible to fold at the flop?What do you think.The pot is still small and opponents show some strang.At least one of them have flush draw and another top pair- so many outs to beat me.
At the hand 2 I think may be I can bet the turn for value as the best play... but as somebody mentioned I could be drawing dead against boat.I dont like so little win at this hand.May be raise more at flop with so good made hand and strong draw.What do you think?
BrotherXII shows [ Qs, 9c ] two pairs, queens and fives.
pofigan shows [ Kc, Qc ] two pairs, queens and fives.
pofigan wins $28.5 from the main pot with two pairs, queens and fives with king kicker
Result of hand 3:
coldsprings shows [ Js, Ks ] a flush, king high.
Duals16 shows [ 8h, 8c ] three of a kind, eights.
pofigan doesn't show [ Jh, As ] high card ace.
Duals16 wins $13.9 from side pot #1 with three of a kind, eights.
coldsprings wins $51.5 from the main pot with a flush, king high.
What can you say else about this hands.Thank you one more time for help