PDA

View Full Version : stinkypete suck out real good

stinkypete
11-09-2004, 09:47 PM
reads not particularly important. i didn't bother looking at poker tracker.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 14 BB, between UTG+1, MP1, Hero and SB.</font>

am i just a big fish?

jacki
11-09-2004, 09:56 PM
Preflop: Fold
Flop: Fold
Turn: ok
River: Raise

Rubeskies
11-09-2004, 09:57 PM
What do you think you did wrong?

stinkypete
11-09-2004, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Fold
Flop: Fold
Turn: ok
River: Raise

[/ QUOTE ]

explain pre-flop and flop.

i agree with the river raise. i just wasn't paying attention when i played the hand... i'f i'd realized it was the same guy betting the whole way, i would have raised. but i don't pay enough attention.

stinkypete
11-09-2004, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think you did wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think i did much wrong. i just think some people might have differing opinions. so i'm asking.

KePoZ
11-09-2004, 10:07 PM
i would raise the river, UTG+1 most lightly have KJ
other than that everything looks fine

jordanx
11-09-2004, 10:07 PM
On the flop he has 5 outs for two pair/trips + 1.5 outs for a backdoor flush/straight. = 6.5 outs.

Easy call.

Pre-Flop: In a loose game you can call this.

ecooke
11-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Just because it's fun to disagree:

No, you are not a big fish. Assuming you play decently post flop you can call 75s from the button with four limpers as long as the blinds are generally passive. No problem there.

Definitely do not fold the flop. 11 SB in the pot when the flop action hits you, call your outs 4 (two 7s, one for the 5s since they complete a straight in a multiway pot, and one for the backdoor flush draw). Odds look good to me (so long as your opponents don't have a tendency to c/r).

Turn call looks fine.

River call looks fine - with four to a straight showing against multiple passive opponents you cannot rule out a lurking 4.

stinkypete
11-09-2004, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

River call looks fine - with four to a straight showing against multiple passive opponents you cannot rule out a lurking 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

the 4 is what i was thinking about when i only called. but given the action, it doesn't look like anyone has a 4. i do think there's a slim value raise here.

spamuell
11-09-2004, 10:40 PM
An argument can be made for raising the turn here, I don't think I would do it but I'd like someone good to say that they would.

stinkypete
11-09-2004, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An argument can be made for raising the turn here, I don't think I would do it but I'd like someone good to say that they would.

[/ QUOTE ]

i considered the turn raise. i could have as many as 17 outs, but unfortunately, i dont know how many of them are good.

if they're worth 12 outs and i can get 3 callers, i can raise for value. but i'm not so sure i can get 3 callers, nor am i sure my outs are worth that much. i don't think they are.

spamuell
11-09-2004, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i considered the turn raise. i could have as many as 17 outs, but unfortunately, i dont know how many of them are good.

if they're worth 12 outs and i can get 3 callers, i can raise for value. but i'm not so sure i can get 3 callers, nor am i sure my outs are worth that much. i don't think they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not considering:

1. You might be ahead.

2. You might be second best and make the best hand fold (e.g. MP has a draw and UTG+1 has 99).