PDA

View Full Version : AI w/draw early on flop against crowd.

DavidC
11-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Hero in SB w/98s, hearts.

Paradise NL $2 (0.01/0.02), 8 handed.
Stacks:
sb: 0.90
bb: 1.04
utg: 1.01
utg+1: 2
mp1: 1
mp2: 0.87
co: 5.84
b: 1.42

pf: utg folds, utg+1 calls, mp1 minraises to .04, mp2 calls, co calls, button folds, sb calls, bb folds, utg+1 calls.

*** FLOP *** : [ Jd Th 6h ] ---- pot is 11xbb.
(hero has gutshot four flush, including a draw to the straight flush)

Hero goes all in for 0.86.....

---------------

I'm trying to get AI with two callers, because I've got much better than 1/3 equity, unless someone's on a flush draw with me.

I think I should have put in a small bet to see what was out there, and hoped to get a raise and two callers for an all-in. Alternatively, I could do roughly the same thing with a check.

What do you guys think?

(This is my third thread today... I generally put about 3 up after a session, so I'm done. Sorry if I've flooded the forum).

DavidC
11-10-2004, 06:36 PM
bump.
(I won't do this again, but I'm curious if I can get any comments)

fimbulwinter
11-10-2004, 06:41 PM
its fine. at this level you'll get called no question, just hope for many, many callers. better to do this with KQs than 98s, but at these levels you'll get called by ace high, so as long as you can take 2 with you, great.

fim

ps- just out of curiosity, what's the rake like in a 1c/2c game?

amoeba
11-10-2004, 06:45 PM
its fine, just hope nobody has AXh, as at this limit, they will call you with that.

DavidC
11-10-2004, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ps- just out of curiosity, what's the rake like in a 1c/2c game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just say that I'm not playing for the money, so I'm not really sure. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think it's 5%, with no cap or maybe a cap of like $0.25, and it doesn't start until the pot is either $1 or $2... it's not oppressive or anything.

Because I'm getting unusually high numbers of callers, though, it's not a bad rake, even if it's a little higher than normal games.

DavidC
11-10-2004, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
its fine, just hope nobody has AXh, as at this limit, they will call you with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and then my glorious draw turns into a gutshot rather than gutshot four-flush. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Alright, thanks guys.

It may have been a little risky betting like this with such a low flush draw, but that's okay.