PDA

View Full Version : Some rare bluffs

Peter_rus
11-09-2004, 09:17 PM
These lines i use very rare so i believe they could have some effect. Both opponents are loose-agressive preflop, tricky postflop (but not too far) but able to make "smart" folds when they believe they are pretty behind. Do you use same lines occasionally?

1 hand.
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG posts a blind of $15.
UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, <font color="CC3333">UTG (poster) raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 6 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, between Hero and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (1 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero has 3h 2h (high card, ace).
BB doesn't show.
Outcome: Hero wins 6 BB. </font>

2 hand.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 8 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

No showdown. Hero wins 9 BB. </font>

exist
11-09-2004, 11:55 PM
hand 1: you know peter, i was just about to say that limping in the 2/5 blind structure with 32s is bad idea but then i see you've left 5-10 a long time ago. obviously the completion is fine but i don't like calling the raise since 32 (even sooooted) doesn't hit many flops a makes many hands that are hard to gain value out of.

ok onto the river. this guy raised preflop with a wide range of hands and then will auto bet the flop, especially an Ace high flop will very often bet the turn regardless of his hand. your bluff only has to succeed 1 out of 6 times to break even and he won't be able to call you 5 out of 6 times. so i think the bluff is profitable. i can't remember being in this position with this type of action before, so i can't say that i've tried this specific bluff before.

hand 2: when the sb check raises your flop bet he is telling you he doesn't have a K, so you 3 bet. yes i've done this one. you interpret his bet on the turn as one last attempt at a bluff so you raise to knock him and his 6 outs out of the pot. do you think he would fold a hand like a small pocket pair a decent part of the time? i think i usually call down after his bet on the turn instead of raising, especially since he will often bet the river if he is bluffing but raising may be better.

peter one rare (semi) bluff i've made was against you. it was a semibluff cap preflop with JTs (the one and only time i've ever capped with JTs) after i raised on the button and you 3 bet from the small blind. i'm not sure if it was a good idea or not but i thought one little extra bet would give me a substantial amount of steal equity. i also thought you thought that i wouldn't cap without a decent PP or a good ace. anyways the flop came AKQ (!!) you bet, i raised, and you folded.

another rare bluff i make (i'm not sure it's a bluff because when i do it i think there is an excellent chance i have the best hand) is when i raise PF with a hand like AQ and the flop comes Kxx. i bet and loose aggressive player calls. this player has the knowledge that there is a good chance i don't have a pair. when he calls the flop i think there is an excellent chance that this player doesn't have a K and i also think he's waiting for the turn to raise as a bluff. turn is a blank and i bet, he raises, i 3 bet. this is very rare and i can only remember that i've done this a handful of times. in this particular hand that i'm thinking of my opponent folded.

kiddo
11-10-2004, 04:08 AM
Hand 1 fine.

Hand 2: Why are you not calling flop and raising turn. He will think you have slowplayed him? Or are you always 3betting your good hands on flop, making this move impossible? Or were you giving it up if he capped flop?

spydog
11-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Speaking of bluffs, why didn't this one work on you? I meant to post this when it happened. This was a few months back when I first tried 5/10. I knew you were a TAG and my plan was to bluff-raise the river after the flop came with 2 queens and no draw possibilities as you had to know I wasn't bluff-raising a busted draw. I figured that you had me labeled as a TAG, so I could take this pot down if you hadn't hit.

By the way this is game 769039805.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Peter raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Peter bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Peter bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Peter bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Peter calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between Peter and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Peter (9 BB).</font>

Peter has 9c Kc (one pair, queens).
Hero has 6d Kd (one pair, queens).
Outcome: SB wins 9 BB. </font>

Peter_rus
11-10-2004, 09:38 AM
I usually very suspicious on river action of any player cause if i would muck HU not paired cards routinely this will give my opponent plenty of money. I figured i'm beaten much of the time and my call seems unprofitable but i want to know what hand do you able to play this way. I usually call down "strange" betting patterns to make some notes and save some money in future.

Peter_rus
11-10-2004, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He will think you have slowplayed him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually cap flop with my trips 2way especially when there are some draws exist. My plan was to push out bluffs and maybe small pairs. On turn i understand that he has pair exactly and if he don't want to trick me he thinks that i can buy a card by 3-betting flop (that i sometimes do but not on flops like this).