PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Clairett should be pretty strong after shoveling all this BS.

ArchAngel71857
11-09-2004, 07:58 PM
What the hell is this? (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919246)

This is breaking news? It's everything the NCAA investigated.

-AA

Maurice Clairett will :

Number4
11-09-2004, 09:13 PM
He is a little punk - I can think of at least seventeen reasons to not believe a word he says. I hope he sits on a bench if he does make it to the NFL.

PhatTBoll
11-09-2004, 09:22 PM
The NCAA is not foolproof. If everybody involved kept their lips zipped, there is no reason why investigators would have uncovered anything the first time. Clarett supposedly has corroboration, so let's just see where he goes with it. I'm not saying he's telling the truth, but would you really be surprised if it were true?

What does he have to gain by lying about it?

ArchAngel71857
11-09-2004, 09:35 PM
His corrobating witness is a player who got kicked off the team for dealing drugs.

Apparently, Clairett is angry that OSU is telling NFL GM's that he is a risky draft pick and they are keeping him down from being number one overall. I don' think this is helping his situation.

-AA

Sponger15SB
11-09-2004, 09:35 PM
was this story suppose to make us sympathize his situation?

cause i think he just looks like a total [censored] idiot

Number4
11-09-2004, 11:04 PM
You're right - they should investigate AGAIN. In fact, shoot, if we didn't uncover anything, it's not because there was nothing there! We didn't find anything because everyone was quiet. If we look harder, we have to find something, right?

Please - Clarett is a lying tool. Maybe some of the booster stuff is true, but I do not believe that Tressel was involved.

PhatTBoll
11-09-2004, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're right - they should investigate AGAIN. In fact, shoot, if we didn't uncover anything, it's not because there was nothing there! We didn't find anything because everyone was quiet. If we look harder, we have to find something, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations. You just made the same post I did, but in a sarcastic, deriding manner. You are clearly a master of the English language.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe some of the booster stuff is true,

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this exactly what the NCAA is supposed to protect against? This isn't a court of law. There is no double jeopardy clause here.

Number4
11-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Yes, a master of the English language and much, much more. Of course it's possible that they did not find anything because people kept their mouths shut. But that's the point, the entire reason there was an investigation. They looked and found nothing (except a bunch of bs from Clarett).

And if the booster stuff is true, who gets punished? If the coaches and AD know nothing about it, they would not get punished. Who would? The player, except Clarett is already gone. Glad to see he's "coming clean."

Clarkmeister
11-10-2004, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And if the booster stuff is true, who gets punished? If the coaches and AD know nothing about it, they would not get punished. Who would? The player, except Clarett is already gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously are either very young, or ignorant, or both, but schools get sanctioned all the time for the actions of boosters. Doesn't matter if the coach knew or not.

HDPM
11-10-2004, 01:22 AM
Yep, he is a punk. He never was cut out for college. All he wanted was to make money playing football.

Hmmmmmmmm. I wonder why The Ohio State University recruited a player with that kind of an attitude. Because sometimes players like that want to be taken care of on campus. Oh wait. What? The Ohio State University won a national championship? His freshman season? He must have been recruited for his academic background and the attitude he brought to the team. Yeah....

Look, I dunno if what he says is true. But I can think of more than 17 reasons why what he says might be true. In any event, when you start defending the honor of schools with big time athletic programs, realize there is nothing there to defend.

Number4
11-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Not ignorant, or really that young - just mistaken. Thank you for the correction. I'm interested to see what happens, even if the NCAA does do another investigation.