PDA

View Full Version : no content AA hand

Chris Daddy Cool
11-09-2004, 07:19 PM
20/40 pound game online

utg openraises. i 3-bet next up with red aces. button coldcalls. blinds fold out. utg cap. i don't have much of a read on utg, but i'm about 100% sure that a cap means big cards, AA-JJ and AKs.

flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

utg bets. i raise. button folds. utg 3-bets. i cap. utg calls.

turn: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

utg bets out. i raise. utg 3-bets. i 4-bet. utg 5-bets. i 6-bet. he 7-bets. i 8-bet. he calls.

river: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

he bets. i cry.

anyhoo. how many bets would you go on that turn with AA?

Sarge85
11-09-2004, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i cry.

anyhoo. how many bets would you go on that turn with AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the turn action - don't you think he probably has the other AA? - I mean he's got to think you've got at minimum KK right? - so why go that hard for a tie - unless he has the other AA.

To much 3rd level thinking?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
11-09-2004, 07:23 PM
whoops i forgot to mention that he bet into me on the river. i'll change my post.

MoreWineII
11-09-2004, 07:30 PM
To answer your question: 1 million.

99 is the only remotely possible hand he has that beats you on the turn. I'm not buying that he caps preflop with anything else.

If he had KK, I'm quitting poker forever.

slogger
11-09-2004, 07:33 PM
I don't play these limits (if buttons are calling 3-cold how tough could they be?), but when UTG 5-bets the turn, I'm thinking it's AA or 99. At least I'm worried that's what it is.

Do you face many players at this level who will 7-bet KK or AKd, or worse on that turn?

sfer
11-09-2004, 07:35 PM
More.

cnfuzzd
11-09-2004, 07:35 PM
youre going to make me wait hours upon hours for the results, arent you?

and a lot.

peace

john nickle

Bodhi
11-09-2004, 07:36 PM
yeah, did he have cowboys or what?! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Nate tha' Great
11-09-2004, 07:40 PM
Chris,

You're leaving out some important details here, like how shorthanded the game is and what your table image is here. I think some reasonable players, and certainly some unreasonable ones, would occasionally cap preflop with 99 here.

The other thing to consider is that his hand should ordinarily be better defined than your hand, since his range of capping hands will be narrower than your range of 3-betting hands. Even if this is not actually the case - he would cap with something like 99 - he will believe you to believe this. Initially, this will work in your favor, since he will put you on something like TT-QQ, and would continue to re-raise with KK or AA for value. Once you get up to about the turn 6-bet, however, it looks like you have a range of hands that has positive expectation against KK-AA - that is, you have AA or a boat, so I would not expect him to 7-bet without AA or better. Another way to look at it is that, if he's aggressive enough to 7-bet with KK on the turn, he is probably also aggressive enough to 4-bet preflop with 99.

Long story short, I think the 8-bet is a little bit much. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
11-09-2004, 08:06 PM
he bets the river and i cry.

he has kings full of course and i say wtf, i'm going to post a pseudo-bad beat post on ss.

though thinking back, i agree with nate though that 8-betting the turn *might* have been much if this dude was capable of 7betting with KK he certainly woulda been capable of capping with 99 pf, though I didnt see him get out of line though pf any other time before or after this hand.

oh yea btw, online poker is rigged.

Sarge85
11-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Dude -

I'm not going to lie - that's a lotta friggin pounds /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

J.R.
11-09-2004, 08:11 PM
why didn't he check-raise the river?

Chris Daddy Cool
11-09-2004, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why didn't he check-raise the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

the dude 7 bets the turn with KK and you're wonding where his logical sense is?

MoreWineII
11-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Nothing pseudo about it, that one outright sucks.

J.R.
11-09-2004, 08:14 PM
no, I was trying to bait you into saying something silly about checking behind

bisonbison
11-09-2004, 08:31 PM
fold preflop. Honestly, you let him suck out.

spamuell
11-09-2004, 08:57 PM
To answer your question: 1 million.

Seriously, this is silly. I know you don't actually mean you'd go a million bets but you'd go a lot. I don't think we can judge how many is correct without being there but more than like 11 is almost certainly giving too much action.

I remember Ed Miller posting about this once - it's like, you are going to ignore 8 big bets of turn action because of 1 small bet of pre-flop action? Silly.

Lawrence Ng
11-10-2004, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop. Honestly, you let him suck out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably would have chickened out after the 3rd raise..

Lawrence Ng
11-10-2004, 05:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
though thinking back, i agree with nate though that 8-betting the turn *might* have been much if this dude was capable of 7betting with KK he certainly woulda been capable of capping with 99 pf, though I didnt see him get out of line though pf any other time before or after this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once went 11 raises on the turn with a board of 3-3-2-3 on the turn against an UTG raiser with my pocket aces. I knew he either had AA, QQ, or KK. He had KK, no he did not spike a king on river. Yes online poker is still rigged.