PDA

View Full Version : Chris The Check Caller

Chris Daddy Cool
11-09-2004, 06:37 PM
party 15/30

i'm in the bb with 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

utg+1 opens and it's folded back to me. sometimes i 3-bet here, but most of the time i check. so i check. utg+1 openraising really means nothing to me, since i don't pay attention half the time, but his stats indicate a 50 vpip/0 pfr after 6 hands, so take it as you may.

flop: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

a lot of times i'll go nuts on this flop, by betting, bet/3-betting, check/raising, but i decided to just checkcall.

turn: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

a lot of times after check/calling that flop, i'll do a vairiety of things on this turn, like bet out and fold to a raise, or bet out and 3-bet, or checkfold if i dont' think he'll bluff again with overs, but i decide to check/call again.

river: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

a lot of times i'll bet out here, hoping to get called by overs, some other times i'll checkfold if i dont' think he'll fire away again on the river with just overs, other times i'll checkraise the river because i'm just that evil. but i decide that if i bet out i hate getting raised and i don't know him very well, and i'm not going to worry about him laughing at me if it gets checked through and he has AK mocking me for missing a value bet. so i check with the intention of calling and he bets and i call.

is this all incredibly boring? should i have displayed my full chip spewing powers or is this the optimal way to play this hand with no reads?

MoreWineII
11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
I'm confused. UTG+1 open-raised or limped?

Trix
11-09-2004, 06:53 PM
I may have folded preflop, but I would probably have done the same without a read if I played.

joker122
11-09-2004, 07:10 PM
i think i'd fold preflop. 50/0 is definitely the worst type of player to see the flop with 44 considering his range of hands he's raising with and the lack of implied odds he'll give you. I suppose I'd play it the same post flop.

bakku
11-09-2004, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think i'd fold preflop. 50/0 is definitely the worst type of player to see the flop with 44 considering his range of hands he's raising with and the lack of implied odds he'll give you. I suppose I'd play it the same post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is 50/0 after 6 hands.

sfer
11-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Pot's tiny. You done good if you want to continue from the flop on.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-20-2004, 11:01 PM
forgot about this hand

dude had ak

that brings me to a question, how likely is it that an unknown player would bet unimproved overs on this board or similiar situations?

spamuell
11-20-2004, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

that brings me to a question, how likely is it that an unknown player would bet unimproved overs on this board or similiar situations?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can answer about what I'd do - flop, almost always. Turn, fairly often. River, never.