PDA

View Full Version : Well, my life is set for the next 3 years...

Eihli
11-09-2004, 06:30 PM
http://www.swlapoker.com/uploads/asdf.JPG

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-09-2004, 06:41 PM
OMG TOTALLY SWEET!

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
how the hell can you do all of that at once?

busguy
11-09-2004, 06:45 PM
What the hell is "LokTakWah" supposed to mean ??

/images/graemlins/grin.gif busguy

Sponger15SB
11-09-2004, 06:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how the hell can you do all of that at once?

[/ QUOTE ]

that is nothing. try playing 4 games of NL and then playing yahoo word racer at the same time.

now that is a stupid idea.

wacki
11-09-2004, 06:46 PM
What kind of monitor do you have? Looks like a widescreen.

mmbt0ne
11-09-2004, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is "LokTakWah" supposed to mean ??

/images/graemlins/grin.gif busguy

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, that was the first thing I did when I saw it too.

Eihli
11-09-2004, 06:50 PM
He's a [censored] badass assassin played by Andy Lau in the movie Fulltime Killer. Go and get a copy.

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
now that is a stupid idea.

[/ QUOTE ] I can tell its dumb without even trying. I can't even play more than one table at a time.

Sponger15SB
11-09-2004, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't even play more than one table at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah I mean how would you post in OOT 300x a day?

Eihli
11-09-2004, 06:59 PM
just a regular 17" crt

cnfuzzd
11-09-2004, 07:02 PM
For the love of christ turn off the damn characters....

peace

john nickle

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
yeah, but it beats making several new threads everyday about homosexual activity.

Topflight
11-09-2004, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the love of christ turn off the damn characters....

peace

john nickle

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said

astroglide
11-09-2004, 07:13 PM
what irc client is that?

Eihli
11-09-2004, 07:14 PM
chatzilla, it's built into mozilla

astroglide
11-09-2004, 07:16 PM
i'm looking forward to them "firefoxing" that one too

spamuell
11-09-2004, 07:30 PM
I see you're playing on Table 13099, as am I. I said hi but I would guess you're too busy to notice chat.

sublime
11-09-2004, 07:42 PM
i am leaving way to much money on the table by only playing two tables at once. time to invest

BusterStacks
11-09-2004, 08:00 PM
Looks identical to my screens except I play 3/6

Alobar
11-09-2004, 08:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean you are a tard that pays with the avatars on too? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BusterStacks
11-09-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean you are a tard that pays with the avatars on too? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh hehe hell no, I grew out of that LONG ago...

craig r
11-09-2004, 08:58 PM
You didn't buy that monitor at Office Depot?

craig

sublime
11-09-2004, 09:02 PM
don't you have two screens?

sublime
11-09-2004, 09:04 PM
i am going to
i am just concerned about space. how big is that fcuker?

it should be compatible with me ch(E)apMachine, right?

craig r
11-09-2004, 09:25 PM
It is pretty big. But, I was concerned about space as well and i had plenty of room once i bought it. The back part is not as wide as the other 19". It is heavy also. But, if you are going to get a CRT then it is going to be big and bulky no matter what (50lbs). But, all that aside, being able to four table and not having overlap is so nice.

If your emachine isn't older than 2 years you shouldn't have to worry about the video card. What size and resolution is your current monitor?

craig

sublime
11-09-2004, 09:42 PM
1024x768 and 13'

/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i bought it about 10 mos ago, before i started playing poker

craig r
11-09-2004, 09:54 PM
You should be fine. I was told that if the computer is relatively new one would be fine with 1600X1200. You have got to try it. Of course if you are 4 tabling you will probably play so much poker you will forget to bet on sports (which, by the way, i think there is much more money in poker than sportsbetting..especially if you are just scalping and middling).

craig

ilya
11-10-2004, 01:34 AM
I'm sorry...did you say "life?"

Oh and by the way....WoW vs. FFXI, your thoughts?

Dantes
11-10-2004, 04:43 AM
Paladins/alliance loves the cock.

Lawrence Ng
11-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Dude,

Quit copying me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh and I'm going to be running 2 accounts of WoW..gonna duo it up and see how it goes.

MarkL444
11-10-2004, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude,

Quit copying me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh and I'm going to be running 2 accounts of WoW..gonna duo it up and see how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

um confused. you are going to play the same game twice at the same time?

scrub
11-10-2004, 09:26 AM
The game isn't really a game in the sense of a video game that you're thinking of.

It's sort of like a computer animated Dungeons and Dragons convention. They run around and talk to each other and type stupid crap like "Gratz" "PWND" and "We are huge tools" at each other when their characters reach higher levels by killing things that are smaller than them (which is easy) before losing to things that are larger than them (which is unavoidable). Then they make fun of the newer players, who are smaller than them because they haven't had a chance to kill as many even smaller things yet.

The true dorks open up a second account with the game company that they use to make a secondary character to follow around their main character and help it kill bigger things than it could kill on its own.

Presumably, they have it type stupid crap like "gratz" to the main character if nobody else is around to do it for them.

scrub

daveymck
11-10-2004, 09:35 AM
Is it turn based? Otherwise how can you control both characters at the same time?

scrub
11-10-2004, 09:42 AM
The people I've seen do it were in computer labs at school. They just used two adjacent computers and played on full screens. I'm sure someone who was resourceful could figure out a way to do two accounts on one computer with a good enough monitor setup and a ton of bandwith.

scrub

Wayfare
11-10-2004, 10:26 AM
I might be that dork, or at least taught the dork referred to how to be that dork.

Usually when you play two accounts at once one account is active (usually damage dealing) and the other is passive (generally healing and support). You don't really need much on the second account except maybe a set of spells every 10 minutes or so, or a heal if the fight gets hairy.

The only thing you need to run two accounts at once is the computing power to do it. Unless the game makers decide to get stupid and disallow it, because they are afraid that "powergamers" will outlevel and outpreform their "casual gamer" fan base. However, the l33+ powergamers always win. They have better lobbying.

I would suggest no one should ever play these games . They are super addictive and destructive to the rest of your life. I know first-hand, although the fallout from mine was nothing more than a couple of B+'s when I should have had A-'s.

Lawrence Ng
11-10-2004, 10:26 AM
If Blizzard will allow two instances of the same game on one computer, yes. I did this with Dark Age of Camelot as well.

Wayfare
11-10-2004, 10:28 AM
DAOC IS THE DEVIL.

Lawrence Ng
11-10-2004, 10:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then they make fun of the newer players, who are smaller than them because they haven't had a chance to kill as many even smaller things yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of a lot like these forums and a lot of poker players eh?

[ QUOTE ]
The true dorks open up a second account with the game company that they use to make a secondary character to follow around their main character and help it kill bigger things than it could kill on its own.

[/ QUOTE ]

Partially true. In Dark Age of Camelot, we made a 2nd account mainly for buffbot use. The buffbot gave enhanced stats for the main character(s). In essence it made a lvl 50 character a level 55 character. It was also a way for the company to make more revenue.

You can call it whatever you want, but if you did not have one of these buffbot accounts, an enemy player would "PwN" or own you in player vs. player combat if they did have a buffbot account. Yes, players who did not have one whined, but eventually they'll give in and get one themselves to level the playing field.

Something like this could also happen in World of Warcraft.

By the way, I made a good $2000 in real money just selling off some extra unique loot playing this game in my spare time. And many professional MMORPG's make upwards of 50k a year just playing and selling off virtual property/accounts. Who's the dork now?

Lawrence Ng
11-10-2004, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
DAOC IS THE DEVIL.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. But I spent 3 years with this devil. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

scrub
11-10-2004, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Who's the dork now?

[/ QUOTE ]

You.

I reccomend you use the 2k as a downpayment on an 18k car.

scrub

Wayfare
11-10-2004, 10:50 AM
50k a year sucks. And your job is to farm virtual items and sell them to other nerds. Didn't I see you on that triumph star wars bit?

scrub
11-10-2004, 10:53 AM
This :

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is the version of this:

[ QUOTE ]

Partially true. In Dark Age of Camelot, we made a 2nd account mainly for buffbot use. The buffbot gave enhanced stats for the main character(s). In essence it made a lvl 50 character a level 55 character. It was also a way for the company to make more revenue.

You can call it whatever you want, but if you did not have one of these buffbot accounts, an enemy player would "PwN" or own you in player vs. player combat if they did have a buffbot account. Yes, players who did not have one whined, but eventually they'll give in and get one themselves to level the playing field.

Something like this could also happen in World of Warcraft.

[/ QUOTE ]

for people with the good sense to realize that they really don't care that much.

scrub

Eihli
11-10-2004, 04:24 PM
^
|

what he said