PDA

View Full Version : PF Push w/TT HU from BB vs. UTG Raise

DavidC
11-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Hand:

Paradise NL $2 table (.01/.02), 7 handed.

Stacks are all in excess of 50xbb, many stacks less than 100xbb, one person is sitting at 130xbb.

Hero is dealt TT in the big blind, and a stack of about 75bb, maybe a little less.

UTG raises to 12xbb and it's 1/6 of his stack.

Everyone folds but me; I go all in.

---------

Is this what I should have done?

This was a hard decision for me, because I think I'm at best a little better than even and possibly quite worse.

However, my other option was to fold, and I didn't really want to lay down tens here.

Due to the size of my stack, I could not call. I didn't have implied odds to hit my stack and push AI, and I didn't want to fold to two overcards flopping.

If I had a big stack, say 100 to 200xbb, and he did also, I could have called this out of position, bet into him if I hit, and then pushed all in if he raised, or on the turn.

Any comments would be appreciated.

--Dave.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-09-2004, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand:

Paradise NL $2 table (.01/.02), 7 handed.

Stacks are all in excess of 50xbb, many stacks less than 100xbb, one person is sitting at 130xbb.

Hero is dealt TT in the big blind, and a stack of about 75bb, maybe a little less.

UTG raises to 12xbb and it's 1/6 of his stack.

Everyone folds but me; I go all in.

---------

Is this what I should have done?

This was a hard decision for me, because I think I'm at best a little better than even and possibly quite worse.

However, my other option was to fold, and I didn't really want to lay down tens here.

Due to the size of my stack, I could not call. I didn't have implied odds to hit my stack and push AI, and I didn't want to fold to two overcards flopping.

If I had a big stack, say 100 to 200xbb, and he did also, I could have called this out of position, bet into him if I hit, and then pushed all in if he raised, or on the turn.

Any comments would be appreciated.

--Dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like it, but its .01/.02. I would just call.

DavidC
11-09-2004, 06:19 PM
What sort of flops could I continue to play if I called?

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-09-2004, 06:25 PM
Did you have any read on this guy?

DavidC
11-09-2004, 06:31 PM
I was thinking of mentioning that...

No, unfortunately; I had no read on him at all.

I figured he could easily be raising with aq or ak, though... maybe even kqs. It seemed like a big raise for that though.

I still don't think calling would be appropriate though, because my stack was only like 5x the bet, and just about any flop kicks the crap out of me.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
11-09-2004, 06:44 PM
If you raise tho, will he call w/ a worse hand? and will this hand be a coinflip at best? He will def call w/ a hand that makes you a big dog. I dont like this push.

DavidC
11-09-2004, 06:46 PM
That pretty much makes folding the best option, then, because I'm not willing to play for a set with 20% of my stack on the line.

I think he would likely call with aks or aqs, something like that.

I don't think I'll get him to fold jacks with my raise, but he might fold tens. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DavidC
11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
I guess one last thing is that if I were to call, what kind of flop could I expect to double up on?

For example, if he has AA or KK, then we'll go all in on the flop (though if he has KK and an A flops, he likely won't), lucky me if I hit my set.

If he has AKs, he's likely to call me PF, but unlikely to do so if he doesn't flop an A or K.

Therefore I'm taking hands that wouldn't normally beat me for much and giving them a great chance to kill me on the flop onwards, by calling.