PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone fold this?

MoDOH
11-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

reads are that MP3 is 90/11 over 60 hands
BB is 10/3 over 60 hands
I have no real read on their postflop play for obvious reasons...

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, BB calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font> ,Hero...

NDHand
11-09-2004, 05:56 PM
I would say no. The only hand that beats you is KJ, and most probably KJs since it's rather unlikely that MP3 called 2 cold with KJ pre-flop. BB could probably have it. However, they were only getting 7-to-1 on the flop, making that gutshot call rather unlikely unless they also had a flush draw. You beat a lot of hands (2 pairs, sets, lower straights) and tie any other jack. I say folding this is a mistake.

EvanJC
11-09-2004, 05:57 PM
no you cannot fold this ^_^

MoreWineII
11-09-2004, 06:07 PM
Do you even need to ask? Strange that KJ (if you did in fact lose) didn't come alive on the turn..

SoaringAngle
11-09-2004, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
River: (7.70 BB) 3 (3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, MP3 raises, BB 3-bets ,Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

caps...
anyone else not do this because the only hand that wins is K-J and if they had that they hit their straight on the turn. However, on the turn there was no action after you bet. You cannot fold here and i would cap 99% of the time

slogger
11-09-2004, 07:12 PM
I'd cap it. I'd like to know a little more about BB's postflop tendencies, but barring a ultra-passive read on him, I'd reraise hoping (at worst) to pick up an extra half a bet from MP3 when I chop this pot with BB's JT.

I, like others, am perplexed by the 3-bet given the turn action. Generally, I try not to attribute too much analytical ability to my Party opponents, but I would have thought a player like BB would have check-raised the turn, given the opportunity to trap both you and MP3.

cnfuzzd
11-09-2004, 07:32 PM
POssibly one of the easiest river caps ever?

peace

john nickle

bakku
11-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Yes, I can fold it. I just click the fold button and my hand goes into the muck. Then I cry a little.

TripleH68
11-09-2004, 07:47 PM
C'mon guys. The explanation is simple.

When hero raises pre-flop the villains put him on AA-KK-QQ-AK-AQ. MP3 called with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif because he never mucks any hand that has a shot at a royal flush. BB called with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif because his birthday is August 3rd, plus it was suited.

The rest of the hand plays itself. MP3 didn't raise the turn because he did not want you to fold your AA, of course.

Lawrence Ng
11-10-2004, 06:05 AM
One of the players very likely has K /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif and is free rolling the turn, decided to get cocky and fancy just calling, and now is fishing the river.

You lose this hand, but the correct decision is to call the river-3 bet and suck it in when you see you have lost.

MoDOH
11-10-2004, 01:03 PM
I called MP3 capped and BB and I called.

Both BB and MP3 had KJ leaving me not just a litlle perplexed by BB Turn action...
I can understand MP3 going for the overcall on the Turn but what the heck whas BB thinking...