PDA

View Full Version : A9o(ff) my rocker

Rubeskies
11-09-2004, 05:39 PM
I checked the flop with intention of c/r a late position better. Should I just have bet out?

UTG is loose agressive preflop, neutral postflop.

Given this is my river bet no good?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.70 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (6.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Danenania
11-09-2004, 05:48 PM
This is exactly the kind of flop you want to bet out on. Checkraising really isn't necessary as your hand doesn't need much protection and since there aren't many draws possible there's a high danger of seeing it checked through. Bet the flop for value and keep on betting.

Given that you did check the flop, you should go ahead and follow through with your raise. 9 is a good kicker against players who play any A. Your equity on this uncoordinated flop is quite good.

I like your river bet but you should have never been in this situation.

EvanJC
11-09-2004, 05:53 PM
i think i'd maybe go ahead and c/r utg anyway. especially with the other limpers money in the pot i think its a good raise. if he reraises though, i dont really know what you'd want to do from there.

Danenania
11-09-2004, 05:55 PM
I should mention that checkraising the turn would have been nice too since you forgot to on the flop. This UTG is very unlikely to have AT+. He would have raised preflop.