PDA

View Full Version : A pair of 7:s

MoDOH
11-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed)

Reads are that MP2 is 25/8 over 100 hands and is aggressive on the flop when he is the aggressor preflop.
CO is 17/10 over nearly 400 hands.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (13.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero Checks...

J.R.
11-09-2004, 05:15 PM
I like a stop and go once CO calls the flop raise. I really dislike bloating the pot (3-betting the flop) out of positon against 2 opponents on a connected board. A better hand doesn't fold (they won't believe you have a 5), and I would suspect a player who pairs their overcard on the turn calls you down.

CO has 2 clubs when he calls then caps the flop, good turn bet. The river I wouldn;t overcall, but would consider calling if CO bet. I hate folding but what does the pfr have you beat if he bets (8% pfr isn't that wide of a range of hands- KQs?)

Rubeskies
11-09-2004, 05:16 PM
The way CO played it with the coldcall cap then only calling the turn sure makes it look like a flush draw so I like leading the turn.

I'm not sure about the river. It probably doesn't qualify for a value bet because one player raised preflop and the other was raising a possible flush draw (Axc?) so I would check call. You might get one of them to bluff at this decent sized pot, it does kind of look like you might have missed your flush draw.