PDA

View Full Version : CSI Miami jumped the shark!

jakethebake
11-09-2004, 04:23 PM
As if David Caruso's lines weren't enough corn. A killer tidal wave that crooks use to steal gold? Racing through an exploding building in a Hummer? Too funny.

bernie
11-09-2004, 04:51 PM
It jumped on the first episode that i saw. Where a guy who wanted to be a fireman and wasn't hired sets fire to a nightclub. Taken from the headlines of the still too warm body of the Great White experience.

I think they could've waited a bit longer before using that storyline.

b

astroglide
11-09-2004, 05:17 PM
i'm honestly not a snob about this stuff, smallville is tied with six feet under as my favorite show, i love american idol, real world/road rules challenge, etc. i've seen two episodes of csi and i think the show's a joke, it's spoonfeeding of simplified make-you-feel-smart-for-learning-it scientific "facts" with overdone camera tricks.

jakethebake
11-09-2004, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm honestly not a snob about this stuff, smallville is tied with six feet under as my favorite show, i love american idol, real world/road rules challenge, etc. i've seen two episodes of csi and i think the show's a joke, it's spoonfeeding of simplified make-you-feel-smart-for-learning-it scientific "facts" with overdone camera tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]
I tend to agree. I initially liked the original, which has gotten worse and worse.

Miami was not nearly as good, especially the ridiculous one-liners from David Caruso and their sicko ME that calls the corpses names like "Baby" and "Darlin" as she strokes their hair...Kinda gross. Not to mention the younf latin guy that can't seem to close his mouth and alwaus looks like he's trying to catch flies. But it does have Emilicious as the hot blonde gunbunny CSI.

The NY one is the worst yet. The characters are terrible and the plots are even worse. I can't believe Gary Sinise got roped into doing that stinker.

WC64
11-09-2004, 05:39 PM
I might get flamed for this, but I actually like original CSI in Las Vegas. I am not a big fan of CSI Miami though, David Caruso is just annoying. I have only had time to see one of the New York series and it didnt seem quite as bad, but maybe I am wrong.

Beerfund
11-09-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
their sicko ME that calls the corpses names like "Baby" and "Darlin" as she strokes their hair...Kinda gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my favorite part! I've always wanted to molest a hot corpse /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Blarg
11-09-2004, 05:56 PM
I've only seen Smallville once or twice, but like it just for the astonishingly beautiful girls. They're practically supernaturally gorgeous, or something.

jakethebake
11-09-2004, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've only seen Smallville once or twice, but like it just for the astonishingly beautiful girls. They're practically supernaturally gorgeous, or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
As if they were supergirls?