PDA

View Full Version : QJo - Maximizing the value in a big pot.

meep_42
11-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (22 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (28 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 32 BB

-d

jrz1972
11-09-2004, 03:17 PM
I play it basically the same way. With all those players so eager to call flop bets, I think you'd be missing too many bets not to go ahead and raise/cap the flop.

The only difference is that I fold pre-flop, which I guess does not exactly maximize my win on this particular hand. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

meep_42
11-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Yes, I need to tighten up (22.5% VP$IP) -- this was from a couple days ago, i'm trying with renewed vigor to lean towards fold rather than call with marginal hands in poor position.

-d

nyc999
11-09-2004, 03:25 PM
Calling from MP3 is questionable, but if a very loose table, I guess okay (especially in this hand).

crockett
11-09-2004, 04:24 PM
I fold pre-flop but if the table is running consistantly this loose then the call is fine.

Also, I think I would have called CO's 3-bet on the flop and not capped with the intention of raising the turn. The button called 3 cold and the SB, BB, and UTG all called 2 cold.

The pot would be very big and it is highly likely everyone would call CO's turn bet giving you a chance to raise the field (with the expception of MP3).

I think it is fairly certain CO would have led the turn because I think this is a poor spot for him to pump a OESD. He forced a lot of bettors to call bets cold. If he did have an OESD he would have just likely called instead of 3-betting.

But all in all your line is fine.

With my line, CO MUST lead the turn and you only gain a few BB (assumming no one 3-bets the turn after you raise).