PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Question Generally

KenProspero
11-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Hero, Beginner, low stakes game. Am relatively new to 2+2, and just beginning to apply what I'm reading here odds, (so be gentle if I've miscalculated)

Am recreating this hand from memory, but it leads to a general question I have.

Hero(Button) 2200T
SB 5300T
BB 1900T
CO 5600T

Small blind is somewhat of a bully to smaller stacks. BB is pretty tight.

Hero Dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Blinds are 150/300, antes are 50.

CO folds.
Hero Raises 600
SB calls (750)
BB folds.

Pot -2300T

Flop = A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Small Blind -- All In.

I wasn't positive what to do.

If SB has an A, I count 11 outs (the 9 diamonds plus J /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif) to a Royal Flush, Nut Flush or Nut Straight. Which at the table I figure gives me a 40-45% chance to win (?).

Since SB is somewhat of a bully, I can't bank on his having an A which either puts me ahead, or gives me 6 more potential outs if he has a pair. Based on gut feel, not much more, I counted discounted it to 3 outs, giving me 14 outs -- or pretty close to a coin flip.

In either case, with the pot odds are bit less that 3:1, so it looks like I have to push.

If I push and lose, I go out in 4th. If I fold, I'm short stack, I still have 1275 chips (which makes me an underdog, but I get through the blinds twice more, so who knows). If I push and win, I'm in excellent position in the game.

Ultimately, I decide that the pot odds are right, and that playing gives me my best shot.

Questions

1. Was the pre-flop raise ok?
2. Is my analysis of my odds on the Flop correct or close?
3. Was the Push decision a good one?

or 4 Did I totally botch this hand from beginning to end?

freehat
11-09-2004, 02:50 PM
all-in preflop

Matt

Sidekick
11-09-2004, 02:58 PM
Push all-in preflop. This is a quality hand and you need more than a mini-raise to make anyone fold at this stage of the tournament in most situations.

It's a nice chance to double up, but with just a mini-raise you will often get more than 1 caller. When that happens if the flop doesn't hit you hard, you usually have a tough decision to make.

You've got a very nice hand preflop. Push all your chips in and put the pressure on your opponents as far as what to do.

Hope this helps.