PDA

View Full Version : FULL TILT - How do you stand it ?

WSOPWinner2005
11-09-2004, 12:51 PM
O.K. I just played a Heads Up tournament at Full Tilt, haven't really played there since the day they opened and everything was so goofy then I really didnt play long with my $5.00 I got for coming in like 800th in a tournament they had.. lol

Anyways, how in the hell do you guys setup the options to make playing there liveable? I made deck 4 color, un did animations, took avatars away, turned off the sound..

Dealing is still SLOW as HELL, still animations which are frustrating... The site just doesn't feel like I'm playing internet poker OR B & M poker.

I feel more like I'm in a Hanna Barbara cartoon, like the Jetsons or some crap..

Do people here actually liek this site or just play there cause the pros and the tournament overlays? I think I will find it difficult to play there period. I will probably withdrawl the rest of the deposit I just made a few hours ago as my god I don't think I can take another 5 minutes of the place after one heads up freeze out match!

Tell me there is a secret mod somewhere?

mistrpug
11-09-2004, 01:17 PM
There is absolutely no reason for anyone to play at Full Tilt unless they're doing it just to be able to play with some pros.

MrGo
11-09-2004, 01:26 PM
Couldn't agree more. And who says that the pro's are actually playing everytime their name is at the table?

I hate the graphics and it's very slow.

Klak
11-09-2004, 01:47 PM
the only reason to play on there is for the big bonus. unfortunatly, it takes 7 years to unlock a 600$ bonus unless you play way above your bankroll.

mistrpug
11-09-2004, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the only reason to play on there is for the big bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will make more playing on Party without a bonus than playing on a similar level at FT with the bonus.

Plus their support lies and says it takes like 3 hours to clear the bonus at small stakes no limit tables.

Sandstone
11-09-2004, 07:18 PM
I like the software, the handreplay window in particular is very cool. Its just the selection of games that's bad.

moondogg
11-09-2004, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the software, the handreplay window in particular is very cool. Its just the selection of games that's bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey look, that ugly fat chick has nice shoelaces.

WSOPWinner2005
11-09-2004, 11:45 PM
O.K. I am definately not the only one then, LOL

I might try playing some Omaha - if I don't make atleast $20 an hour playing there I will leave (means games must be party style lose and atleast a $50 PLO game going).

Thank god I'm not the only one finding the site dreadfully slow. What does this teach us ?

Want to start an on-line poker site? Have the base in place or be ready to spend millions in advertising not a hundred thousand...

PokrLikeItsProse
11-10-2004, 04:21 AM
I play there because I like the software. The brighter colors are a lot easier on my eyes. In comparison, some other poker rooms feel dark and gloomy. but to each their own in this department.

Full Tilt actually runs faster on computer than other rooms.

I feel comfortable with the level of play. I find a lot of passive tables with some looser and some tighter players, plus an occasional maniac or two, and a decent player. The tables generally feel relatively predictable.

The bonus is clearable, but you do need to actually play at the site and not skip around bonus hunting. It is clearly designed to be more rewarding to players who make Full Tilt their primary destination. It is a bit difficult because FTP has a slightly lower rake and even the low limit tables don't play like no fold em hold em so there are fewer big pots. (If you're tired of getting humongously sucked out several hands in a row, this is the place for you. You'll still get sucked out with normal frequency, but it will be a lot more obvious when it happens.)

As for the size of the site, I think they have this idea that too much growth too fast will lead to too many software problems. Which is fine with me. I started playing online poker this year and the site seems like a good place for me to learn.