PDA

View Full Version : TruePoker O8 Tourneys

05-26-2002, 08:07 PM
I'm a fan of O8 tourneys, and I'm a fan of TruePoker, so I have a suggestion:

I think TruePoker should have O8 tourneys with bigger buy-ins. For the most part, all they offer are 6+1. These micro-tournaments rarely attract more than 7 or 8 players--you can win as much or more in the same amount of time sitting at a 1-2 ring game.

Maybe it's a chicken and egg thing: why offer bigger buy-ins when there's no traffic / there's no traffic because the buy-in is so small... Their holdem tourneys are 6, 10 and 20 on a regular basis, I think it should be the same for O8. I've played in and enjoyed their O8 guaranteed tournaments, but they happen once in a relative blue moon.

I've noticed David from True checks this board sometimes--so if you feel the same way please say so! Thanks.

05-30-2002, 07:48 PM
One thing I've noticed with the O/8 tourneys at TruePoker is that at a slow table (slow for various reasons: many players in, many raises, many bad connections, what-have-you) it that sometimes you can go an entire 13 minute round without posting a blind. This is not always the most pleasant experience to have the blinds go up twice between posts.

Perhaps longer intervals between blind increments would be more appropriate for Omaha, a game which takes longer to play than Hold'em usually?