PDA

View Full Version : Difference in skilllevel at NL?

Jimbolito
11-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Just wondering how the skillevel changes as you go up in limits? Only played NL for a short while, and wanna know at wich point it really gets tough.

I´m playing 0.5-1$ NL at prima right know and I´m doing quite alright. And I´m not sure when to move up to next level. When I got the proper bankroll, or when I feel I got enough experience, or when I managed to keep a good winrate over a ceratin amount of hands. Or all toghether.

I´m not sure if I should wait until ciaffones new book will be realeased and also SuperSystem II. Or at wich point they will be neccesary read.

So it would be nice if someone could tell me how the skillevel changes between different Limits, from 0.5-1$ and up to at least 5-10$ NL. And I´m not really interested in partys games cuz of their blindstructure.

Thanx\\Jc.

Kips Bay Kid
11-09-2004, 12:27 PM
I only play at pokerstars, so my opinions are based off of their site.

I feel very comfortable playing at their $0.50/$1 and $1/$2 games, their max is 100BB so once you get to $2/$4 ($400 Max) you will be up against mostly TAG's that raise A LOT PF or fold, at least based on my limited experience. I find it easier to pick off the passive players at $100 and $200 max.

Raiser
11-09-2004, 12:30 PM
I play NL50 6-max tables at Party right now, so that's where my views are coming from.

At Party the NL25 and NL50 tables are very similar. I've dabbled a bit in the NL100 tables and found the competition to be quite a bit tougher there.

Jimbolito
11-09-2004, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I only play at pokerstars, so my opinions are based off of their site.

I feel very comfortable playing at their $0.50/$1 and $1/$2 games, their max is 100BB so once you get to $2/$4 ($400 Max) you will be up against mostly TAG's that raise A LOT PF or fold, at least based on my limited experience. I find it easier to pick off the passive players at $100 and $200 max.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your reply, but what do you mean when you say TAG? I also heard the expression LAG, what does it mean?

madcaller
11-09-2004, 01:32 PM
My assumption has always been the following:

TAG - Tight aggressive
LAG - Loose aggressive

Correct me if I'm wrong

schwza
11-09-2004, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My assumption has always been the following:

TAG - Tight aggressive
LAG - Loose aggressive

Correct me if I'm wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, that's right.

i personally found the 6max NL100 at party to be somewhat tougher than 50 and 25, and the 200 to be much more aggressive and somewhat tougher than the 100.

emil3000
11-09-2004, 03:42 PM
I find the $100 6 max to be tighter than the $50 6 max. This actually suits me fine, I couldn't stay away from bluffing in the $50, and now they are working. It's very nonaggro, except for some players (me), whereas the $50 people just push with like every halfdecent hand, causing huge swings. I like being able to push flush draws out, even though they were profitable. So damn frustrating when they hit for all your stack, almost like limit.