PDA

View Full Version : Hand to Analyze

Vanquish
11-09-2004, 11:51 AM
After blowing a few small deposits (~5 buy-ins) playing $10+$1 SnGs on Stars, I started reading here more and got wise. Since I wanted to limit myself to small buy-in, I stuck $60 in my account and decided to play $5+$.50 games until I had built up a bankroll of ~25 buy-ins for the $10+$1 level. This was a few days ago, and playing a few games a day it's going well so far. I've doubled my money, but I know the generally soft play at the $5s are contributing to that and I know I have several leaks in my game to plug. So I'm going to start posting hands for you guys to tear apart.

I have a suspicion the main thing I'm going to hear is that I should have folded pre-flop, and that's what I would usually do with this hand. This is probably the worst hand of poker I've played in a long time, and I think it was pretty much a disaster the whole way through but I was hoping for some decent explanations as to how exactly I managed to allow this debacle to happen. What do you think?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP1 (t1730)
MP2 (t2660)
CO (t1305)
Button (t1270)
<font color="C00000">Hero (t1200)</font>
<font color="C00000">BB <font color="purple">(Villian)</font> (t1435)</font>
UTG (t2550)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB <font color="purple">(Villian)</font> checks.

Flop: (t90) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (t90) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">Villian bets t90</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t180</font>, <font color="CC3333">Villian raises to t270</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t1170</font>, Villian calls t900.

Final Pot: t2430
<font color="green">Main Pot: t2430 (t2430), between Hero and Villian.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Villian (t2430).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
I'm having some trouble with the hh converter, but Villian had [6s 3s] for the nut straight. Villian wins t2430. </font>

As an aspiring profitable, good player, would anyone be willing to take a look at an entire SnG hand history if I posted one? Thanks people.

captZEEbo1
11-09-2004, 12:00 PM
This hand was kinda just unlucky. You played it fine. The only thing that's not GREAT, is that you tried to check-raise it. I would've just bet it, just in case someone had a flush draw, you don't want to give them a free card, and more importantly, they'll be willing to pay you if they did have a flush draw, but they won't pay you on the river unless they can beat you.

I'd be willing to look at a bunch of sng hand histories if you want to send them to me.

freehat
11-09-2004, 01:13 PM
Tough luck, the only thing I would have done differently if you are going to check-raise the turn is not make a min-raise but raise to about 275-300.

Matt

rjb03
11-09-2004, 01:15 PM
What did he have? 36o? Tough luck. If it weren't the BB your hand would most likely be good.