PDA

View Full Version : K-K... smart or weak?

deacsoft
11-09-2004, 11:25 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, SB calls.

Flop: (11 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (12 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 16 BB, between MP1 and UTG.</font>

meep_42
11-09-2004, 11:35 AM
With 5 players, I don't hate not betting the turn, and you're getting odds to hit one of your 4 clean outs (Ks, Js, Jd, Jc) so you should call here.

Folding the river is fine, with 5 players to the turn and a flush card hitting on the river, I don't think you're good here 1/13, not counting that you don't close the action.

-d

jrz1972
11-09-2004, 12:09 PM
I probably would have bet the turn, but I agree with meep that checking is reasonable. One argument I have against checking is that it's an open invitation for somebody to bluff at you. In this case you were calling anyway, so that's not such a big deal. One argument in favor of checking is that if you bet out and get raised, you have to call the raise but you'll regret having bet.

The river fold seems normal. I would have called one bet, but not two.

Gomez22
11-09-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With 5 players, I don't hate not betting the turn, and you're getting odds to hit one of your 4 clean outs (Ks, Js, Jd, Jc) so you should call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Ks is NOT a clean out as it completes a flopped OESD to any jack out there...