PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Full House -- Should I Fold?

gaming_mouse
11-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Pacific Poker 2/4 Loose Passive

Hero UTG with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero calls, 4 other calls.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, Villan raises, everyone else folds. HU, Hero will act first for all remaining rounds.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/club.gif
River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero check calls both streets.

I feel my line was terrible here. But I don't know what else it should have been, other than folding to the flop raise, which I'm not crazy about either.

Thoughts??

Bluffoon
11-09-2004, 11:34 AM
You are pretty much stuck here. Betting out on the flop was probably inadvisable but it might have worked out for you if the villian raised with Ace high. Does anybody think a check raise on the flop might allow you to take the hand down on the turn often enough to succeed?

I dont think your hand is strong enough to go on the offensive but I would reluctantly call down.

J LU
11-09-2004, 11:54 AM
Sucks when no future cards have a chance to improve your hand.

If the opponent plays aggressive, then try check, raise, fold to reraise on turn.

If he is usually passive, I would probably fold on turn before you invest more into a probable loosing hand.

ecooke
11-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Looks weak to me - He may have a three (unlikely as most 2/4 players will slowplay) or a higher poket pair (again, likely to slowplay), but he may also have an A or even a K (likely given his effort to thin the field on the flop). I like a turn c/r.

gaming_mouse
11-09-2004, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks weak to me - He may have a three (unlikely as most 2/4 players will slowplay) or a higher poket pair (again, likely to slowplay), but he may also have an A or even a K (likely given his effort to thin the field on the flop). I like a turn c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

And a fold to a re-raise?

Anyone else agree?

Rah
11-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't waste too much money with that flop. Any overcard could possible kill you and any low overpair (44, 55 etc) will call down. If he's still around after a raise on the turn, you're probably gone. Maybe check/call the flop and then check/raise any card on the turn?

tipperdog
11-09-2004, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And a fold to a re-raise?

Anyone else agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I do not like this play out of position one bit. Let's say you check-raise and he calls. A not-terribly threatening card hits the river. What do you do now? If you check, villian may seize on your show of weakness and bet (and you'll have now way of knowing whether you're ahead or behind). THEN what do you do?

In position, I like the turn-raise play. If the villian comes firing on the river after you've raised on the expensive street, you can probably lay this down. If he checks, you can check behind and take the free showdown.