PDA

View Full Version : Right play?

AdamBragar
11-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Forgot to save the hand history of the hand, but I'll retell my tale of adventure for y'all anyway...

Online: .25/.5 NL, 10 handed. I'm in MP2 with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Folded to me. I limp in. Folded to the BB who raises to 2.50. I've seen the BB play a lot and he's pretty tight and tends to only play strong hands. Should have I folded here? Sure. Did I? Of course not.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me. I check.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets out 2 dollars into a 5 dollar pot. Hmm... I'm thinking AK or AQ here and that I can take the pot down with a raise. I raise to 6.

Was this raise too small? Too big? Should I have just called? Folded?

Anyway, BB min raises to 12, making it 6 more for me to call. Given this opponent, I know I'm way behind now, most likely to either AJ or probably a set. What should I do now?

amoeba
11-09-2004, 11:24 AM
please tell stack sizes.

I would have folded preflop.

On the turn, if stacks were deep, I might have called the minraise.

AdamBragar
11-09-2004, 11:29 AM
See, that's what happens when I forget to save my hand history. That and I'm a moron.

BB had about $33 or so remaining behind him after his min raise, I had him covered.

And yes, I know I should have folded preflop.

amoeba
11-09-2004, 11:34 AM
so villain had $33 left after his minraise on the turn?

I would have just called to hit my flush then. I doubt he has AXh.Unless if he likes raising with ATh.

Raiser
11-09-2004, 12:27 PM
You are really trying a semi-bluff on the turn. For this type of play to be profitable you have to bet more so that there is a chance he will fold. As it is you raise to $6 making him call $4 in an $11 pot. That isn't too tough of a decision. You should really raise to at least $10 or so. This makes him call $8 in a $15 pot. Much more folding equity here.

As for your calling his re-raise, it's a no brainer. You only have to call $6 in a $21 pot. You have at least 12 outs (and maybe more if your overcards are good - doubtful of course), so the pot is giving you about the right price. If you make your flush you could be in trouble, but that is very unlikely given his PF raise (I doubt he has AhTh, 99, 77, or 55 - the only hand you are worried about if you make your hand is JJ if the board pairs). And you have straight outs that give you the nuts.

If you make the straight, you might be able to stack him. If you make your flush you can probably extract some more from him. Easy call IMO.

shtolky
11-15-2004, 12:38 PM
I'm sorry, but I from the looks of the betting it seems the BB has 9's...adam correct me if I am wrong. His 2 dollar bet into the 5 is just begging for a call from you. Unless he is a monkey, he doesn't have AK, AQ. I'd fear a set, however, pot odds dictate you must call here, as you have a lot of outs. Did you hit your hand? Did he have 9's? Is crazy pineapple the best game of all time?