PDA

View Full Version : Omaha BADDD beat

05-25-2002, 01:51 AM
$3-$6 Omaha on PP.Full game of ten, pretty tight and agressive. I get dealt AcAdKcKd(dream hand right?) and raise UTG. I get 3 cold callers, and both blinds fold.

Flop is Ah Kh Ks.

I bet, I get one call.

Turn is As(I'm thinkin the game is rigged 'cause i've never seen two sets of quads before.)

I bet, the other guy calls.

River is Jh.

I bet, he raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets.

I look at the board. Ah Kh Jh

Only thing he could have is the Q10h.

I 5-bet anyways(I want this pot to be big if I win), and he raises again.

So I call, and he shows me the Q10h.

Should I have read a hand like this earlier?

05-25-2002, 03:41 AM
OUCH keeping breathing,

-MJ

05-25-2002, 03:48 AM
"I look at the board. Ah Kh Jh

Only thing he could have is the Q10h.

I 5-bet anyways(I want this pot to be big if I win), and he raises again.

So I call, and he shows me the Q10h.

Should I have read a hand like this earlier?"

Once you realize the only thing he could have is QhTh,.....????

Buzz

05-25-2002, 05:09 PM
You have "crippled the deck." Since you have all the Aces and Kings, there is clearly nothing he could have to be excited about besides a straight flush. You should definitely stop raising after he 4-bets.

05-27-2002, 06:59 AM
I do not believe that something like that could happened in a live poker game, because the odds are tremendous, but any way I would’ve folded showing my cards to everybody at the table after 3 rd re raise proving that I am best poker player in the word. There is only one hand that he can re raise with and I do not think anybody can successfully bluff in this spot.

05-31-2002, 10:15 AM
Best poker player in the world or some fool whos just gonna get himself bluffed out everytime hes in the pot. And how cool are you gonna feel if he shows QhJJ9h. There are people out there who think thats a big hand.

06-03-2002, 04:18 PM
who exactly is monitoring online poker these days?

last i checked--NO ONE.

that hand is fishy.

obviously, doesn't mean anyone was 100% cheating/rigging etc, but it makes you wonder.