PDA

View Full Version : Official Halo 2 Thread

MrGo
11-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Who's got it? Thoughts?? I'm still playing the first one and won't buy the second one until I beat the first /images/graemlins/smile.gif

oljumpstart
11-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Picked it up on my way into work, but haven't played it yet. I just came here to start this thread, but you beat me to it. Looks sick though.

MrGo
11-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Why'd you do that? You're just teasing yourself for 9 hours!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

oljumpstart
11-09-2004, 11:39 AM
You know, suddenly I'm starting to feel a little sick.

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 11:51 AM
I am thinking about selling my GC and MK:DD and buying an xbox just for this game.

GuyOnTilt
11-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Whoa! I totally forgot it was coming out today...Thanks for the reminder! I'm headed out to pick up breakfast anyway, so I guess I'll run my Target and grab a copy.

GoT

MrGo
11-09-2004, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the IM GoT...haven't had a chance to reply.

nolanfan34
11-09-2004, 12:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the IM GoT...haven't had a chance to reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it time to change your avatars back yet? GoT needs the return of Strongbad I think.

Maybe this is blasphemous, but after playing a bit of Halo with my brother, I just don't see what the hype is all about. Cool game, but how is it groundbreaking? Maybe I needed to do missions instead of just running around shooting each other.

MrGo
11-09-2004, 12:37 PM
I think it is time!

Yeah you should do the missions. The story line is decent. What makes the game so good are the parts in the game that you don't control - meaning the game takes over to fill in the story line. I'm about 3 levels away from completing the game and I just found a dead soldiers helmet on the ground. In the helmet was a video recorder which your character plays and you watch it for about 3-4 minutes. It's really impressive.

I didn't like the game so much either by playing the battle mode but after I started the 'Campaign', I was hooked.

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 12:38 PM
naw, the missions suck, multiplayer is where its at. If that wasn't your bag, you probably just don't like FPS that much.

oljumpstart
11-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Playing the missions is much better w/ team play then solo. That's probably my favorite way to play But I'd rather play head to head then do the missions alone.

GuyOnTilt
11-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Isn't it time to change your avatars back yet? GoT needs the return of Strongbad I think.

I'm stuck with this one until Nov. 21. A deal's a deal.

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 12:48 PM
yeah, co-op is better, but the missions themselves are boring. Its basically the same thing over and over..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..

oljumpstart
11-09-2004, 12:52 PM
I only went through the game twice. First on medium, then on legendary so it didn't get too boring. But I agree, eventually it would get repetitive. Halo 2 is supposed to be much larger though.

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 12:54 PM
if I buy an xbox and halo2 it will be solely for xbox live and online battling, I could care less about the campaign.

nolanfan34
11-09-2004, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm stuck with this one until Nov. 21. A deal's a deal.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, forgot it was a whole month. Seems like the NLCS ended a while ago, alas...

nolanfan34
11-09-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
naw, the missions suck, multiplayer is where its at. If that wasn't your bag, you probably just don't like FPS that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like it better if there weren't so many damn buttons on the controller.

I know I sound like Dana Carvey's "grumpy old man" character from the Weekend Update on SNL, but back in my day, we only had TWO buttons, A and B, AND WE LIKED IT!

MrGo
11-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Halo 2 (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041109/tc_nm/media_microsoft_halo_dc)

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 01:51 PM
come one homie, just A and B???? Oh man, that simply won't work any more. I need two analog sticks, an A,B,X, and Y button, as well as atleast two trigger buttuons on the the top or underneath. I mean, come'on, I need to be able to do some serious damage with that controller. The only thing those old ones were good for was throwing across the room after a damn koopa killed you for the FIFTIETH FREAKIN TIME!!!!!! Man I could chuck those things really good.

GuyOnTilt
11-09-2004, 01:57 PM
back in my day, we only had TWO buttons, A and B, AND WE LIKED IT!

Hahaha! AND WE LIKED IT! WEEEEE LOVED IT!

Really though, XBOX controllers don't have THAT many buttons...

GoT

beerbandit
11-09-2004, 02:06 PM
i bought it today but only for my cousins as a christmas gift.

i was told that soem stores were allowed to start selling at midnight last night and some places had 200+ people in line.

this morning about 8:30 i went to target and walked right up to the counter 52.99 total. ive never really played the first game, maybe i should try it out.

cheers
beer

Sponger15SB
11-09-2004, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Halo 2 (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041109/tc_nm/media_microsoft_halo_dc)

[/ QUOTE ]

damn i came into this thread to post that.

you bastard!

SomethingClever
11-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Uhhh... is it out on PC as well? I hate trying to play FPS games on consoles.

MrGo
11-09-2004, 03:48 PM
muahahaha

Advantages of having a boring-ass job.

vulturesrow
11-09-2004, 03:54 PM
I bought it today even though I am in florida right now and my xbox is in virginia...saturday baby, saturday..

Incidentally, Target was running a sweet deal where you got the strategy guide free with the game while supplies lasted. The strat guide is very very well done. Nice deal because I probably wouldnt have bought the strat guide. Who here is on Xbox live?

cookieb
11-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Spent a few hours on the campaign, it is outstanding, new weapons are excellent, and some interesting suprises in story mode. Waiting for others to get home for multiplayer, looks like it will be incredible.

Sponger15SB
11-09-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
muahahaha

Advantages of having a boring-ass job.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to say that i'm not going to school today and instead watching da ali g show on DVD and playing poker

Booyakasha!/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sponger15SB
11-09-2004, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I know I sound like Dana Carvey's "grumpy old man" character from the Weekend Update on SNL, but back in my day, we only had TWO buttons, A and B, AND WE LIKED IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

Life was a carnival! We entertained ourselves! We didn't need moooovin' pitchurrrres. In my day, there was only one show in town -- it was called "Stare at the sun!" ... That's right! You'd sit in the middle of an open field and stare up at the sun till your eyeballs burst into flames! And you thought, "Oh, no! Maybe I shouldn't've stared directly into the burning sun with my eyes wide open." But it was too late! Your head was on fire and people were roastin' chickens over it. ... And that's the way it was and we liked it!

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Who here is on Xbox live?

[/ QUOTE ]If I buy an xbox, I will get Halo 2 and Xbox live. Then you will die vulture, cuz this crazy cracka will cap ya!

vulturesrow
11-09-2004, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who here is on Xbox live?

[/ QUOTE ]If I buy an xbox, I will get Halo 2 and Xbox live. Then you will die vulture, cuz this crazy cracka will cap ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on like Donkey Kong. (I'm not on Xbox Live yet, will be soon)

oljumpstart
11-09-2004, 04:35 PM
Halo 2 comes w/ a voucher for a 2 month free x-box live trial. You just need a high speed connection.

P.S. It also comes w/ a coupon for a free Slurpee at 7-11.

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 04:37 PM
I have to buy everything, so there is a good chance my GC, along with the two games and three controllers will be gone and replaced by everything neccesary to beast you, come this weekend.

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Halo 2 comes w/ a voucher for a 2 month free x-box live trial. You just need a high speed connection.

[/ QUOTE ]roger that, we rockin comcast cable!

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. It also comes w/ a coupon for a free Slurpee at 7-11.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

beerbandit
11-09-2004, 04:44 PM
i bought it at target and the strategy guides were given to those who reserved it. strategy guides are for sissies anyway.

cheers
beer

MrGo
11-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Stop being a pussy and buy the god damn thing, crazy cracka! Then I cap you, motha fucka!

MrGo
11-09-2004, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i bought it at target and the strategy guides were given to those who reserved it. strategy guides are for sissies anyway.

cheers
beer

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree...I want no hints when playing!

MrGo
11-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Bastard...I wanna watch Ali G and play poker! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 05:29 PM
do any of you guys know if there are of unreserved copies available?

oljumpstart
11-09-2004, 05:44 PM
I just walked into walmart and picked it up this morning. They did have them under the counter already and the guy in front of me was buying it too, but there were no lines of costume clad virgins or anything. They even gave us the limited edition ones for the regular price. I'm sure that was accidental though.

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 06:22 PM
hmmmm....this is another dilemna, do I finish GTA:SA first, or go buy an xbox and et all.

MrGo
11-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Finish GTA first. Once you play Halo you won't go back to anything else /images/graemlins/smile.gif I bought NHL '04 and Halo 1 at the same time. Needless to say I have played maybe 3 minutes of hockey.

ThaSaltCracka
11-09-2004, 06:49 PM
okay, now I have an incentive to finish by this weekend. I was thinking about buying an xbox on saturday, so it looks like I need to finish GTA and finish my homework before saturday.

KJS
11-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Friends of mine bought it at midnight last night and we played until 6AM this morning. The game is killer. Cool new split screen games, new flying vehicles, nice big maps and the ability to weild 2 guns at once, wow. The health seems to recharge faster than on Halo, and the jump seems to be a bit higher. Everything good about the original is still present in 2.

Only played the campaign for about an hour so far. It also rules.

KJS

NLSoldier
11-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Damn, I would have loved to start this thread but ive been too busy actually PLAYING the game! Got it last night, took us about 2 hrs cause my friends and i reserved it at different stores. Best Buy had their entire parking lot full and the line had at least 500 people in it. The gamestop we went to was the same way.

We got back to school at like 2am and played till 6 before passing out. Then slept through some classes woke up at noon and went to a friends house to play on xbox live. Played 6 hrs or so and came back to school and crushed a different dorm in some system link action. I love the fact that the communicator headset works with system link play as well as live play. After no one would play us anymore I came back to my room and played with my roomates for a bit. Now im finally takin a break for some 2+2 catching up and some sleep...

My thoughts on the game....Being a subscriber to Xbox magazine I was pretty prepared for all the changes but some parts of it are still dissapointing. Obviosly the new features such as dual wielding and up to 8 different teams are awsome. But so far the gameplay just does not feel right. The beauty of Halo 1 was that it was so based on strategy and precision aiming (mostly with the pistol of course) but now the pistol is one of the weakest weapons and the game feels like Unreal tournement or quake or any of the other FPSs that are just a bunch of random chaos with really wierd weapons and huge outdoor maps. Im sure ill get used to it and i cant say i didnt see these changes coming but i dunno, its just not the same. I wish they would have come out with an xbox live enabled version of halo 1 sometime before coming out with halo 2.

Anyways, my gamertag is "Master Chief 1" so feel free to send my friend requests/invites if you ever wanna play me on xbox live.

MarkL444
11-10-2004, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, my gamertag is "Master Chief 1" so feel free to send my friend requests/invites if you ever wanna play me on xbox live.

[/ QUOTE ]

mine is MarkLeonard

i am very creative

Lawrence Ng
11-10-2004, 07:16 AM
I've already committed myself to World of Warcraft... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif