PDA

View Full Version : CPN options/eLROY

04-17-2002, 09:31 AM
I am still trading these babies.Vol is still high.

I am naked short the July 7.50s(not a lot)

Also i did a bunch of the July 12.50 puts vs

july 10 puts.Bot 1 12.50 and sold 2 10s for .10

credit up to .30 credit. GO CPN!!!!!!Also I bought the 12.50 puts synthetically(bought the call and sold the stock).Now my broker interactivebrokers.com will not allow shorting of CPN anymore.Neither will Shwab.Over 90M short shares and total of 305M shares.Look out above!!!

04-18-2002, 10:27 AM
Actually, I have been kind of lazy.

The last day I posted - "blah" - on the CPN options, some sort of upgrades went through on my quote service.

I haven't really had any single-stock or stock-option quotes since that day, and I haven't bothered to see how to fix it, or to even punch in a stock quote to see if it works!

Yeah, it still doesn't work. And darn it, now I remember why I had learned not to even try to punch one up, darn this software!

I guess I will have to use Bigcharts.com. Grrrrrrrr!

But so far as the vol still being high, see, I told you so, you're trading leveraged synthetic stock, betting on moves in the underlying, regardless of what implied volatility does:)

eLROY

04-19-2002, 07:54 AM
Your statement "you're trading leveraged synthetic stock, betting on moves in the underlying, regardless of what implied volatility does:)" is not entirely true.If the volatilty continues to come in(and it has) my ratio back spreads will continue to

pick up some nice cash.