PDA

View Full Version : I play strange...

Guido
11-09-2004, 07:48 AM
CO plays bad
Button seemed tight

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Guido is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, Guido calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Guido checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Button calls, Guido calls.

Turn: (9.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, Guido calls.

River: (15.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Guido checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

I have no idea why I didn't 3-bet the turn but I post this just to show how bad I play /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Guido

fyodor
11-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Guido I just took you off my hero list. I tried to think of a good reason to not 3 bet the turn. I couldn't.

Guido
11-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Snif snif /images/graemlins/mad.gif... I'm so sorry. I will never do this again. I promise /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

For those of you who are interested I'm finally winning at 10/20 after dropping more than 250BB after the first 15K hands. Now, after 25K hands I'm finally up. Let the upswing continue!!!

Thanks,

Guido

Scotch78
11-09-2004, 03:39 PM
And I thought my 9,200 hands was a long time to start in the red! Thous hast humbled this lowly soul.

Scott

Benjamin
11-09-2004, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who are interested I'm finally winning at 10/20 after dropping more than 250BB after the first 15K hands. Now, after 25K hands I'm finally up. Let the upswing continue!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats!! That's a rough way to start. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'm nearing 10k hands in this pond and have been up and down a lot, but currently up a decent chunk. I'm finding table selection very key. There are lots of loose players, but every now and again I find myself surrounded by TAGs. And that just gives me the willies!

Continued good luck to you sir!

Benjamin

James282
11-09-2004, 04:10 PM
I mean this is seriously bad and strange doesn't begin to cover it. If CO plays bad he will make dumbass plays like he did on the turn with 1 pair + a draw or even a naked draw, but one thing is clear, this dude is seeing the river. Now the button has called two cold and you are in a PERFECT SITUATION. So then you check-raise the river and the CO takes off and you have gained no bets on the river either. I estimate that you lose an average of 2-2.5 BBs in expectation on this hand. Yikes.
-James

Guido
11-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Make it 3-4BB. I know this was very very bad. Just wanted to post it so I wouldn't do stupid things like this again.

Guido

James282
11-09-2004, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Make it 3-4BB. I know this was very very bad. Just wanted to post it so I wouldn't do stupid things like this again.

Guido

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe I had originally written about 3.5, but then I realized that sometimes these clowns will make trips or some lame straight to lower the expectation of the bets you would have gotten on the turn since you would have put them in and lost. So I think the actual expectation is like pretty close to -2.5 BB the way you played it. But it's good that you are self-aware enough to move past your mistakes once they are made instead of rationalizing them like I do sometimes /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-James

joker122
11-09-2004, 06:46 PM
he capped the flop and raised the turn when you lead into him. looks alot like 66 or 88...i wouldn't 3bet the turn either.

Guido
11-09-2004, 07:59 PM
At the time I thought CO could also have QQ or KK although less likely since I have one of each of them. AA is also possible. I have to say that I didn't realize that the CO was very bad until we went to the river. Up until than I just knew he wasn't very good because I had seen him do some maniacal things. I did know the button was very passive since he didn't raise AKs preflop. Didn't raise a Kxx flop, then he didn't raise the turn when a 3-flush came and he didn't raise the river when an ace fell. So I was more scared of the button than the CO. At the river I read the notes of the CO and the first word was, moron. That's when I decided to check-raise the river not expecting a 3-bet from the button and when he did I could safely fold. Still should have 3-bet the turn though.

Guido