PDA

View Full Version : holding Ts9s in the SB. whats your most preferable line on this flop?

Apocalypse
11-09-2004, 07:19 AM
Table seems to be very Laggy(see no exceptions so far) but i haven't been sitting for that long.

Im holding T9 of spades in the SB (5-handed)

preflop: UTG calls, Button calls, i complete and the BB checks

4 ppl to the flop for 4sb
the flop is: T 8 7 all of diamonds

Now whats your play here and why? thanx in advance..
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Benjamin
11-09-2004, 05:47 PM
I think I would go for a checkraise, hoping that the bet comes from late position, so that I can run out overcards/gutshots/weak flush draws by making them face 2 bets on a scary board.

B.

spydog
11-10-2004, 05:18 AM
If you can get a checkraise to get yourself HU, then go for it. Otherwise, check-call and fold turn when a 4th diamond, Ace, or King hits. Obviously with a laggy table, you must tread carefully so you don't get sucked in for several bets with a hand that probably won't be best by showdown.

vector
11-10-2004, 07:40 AM
I would bet out on the flop, call a single raise, fold if it comes back to you for 2 more.

On the turn I would bet again if no diamond falls, consider folding to a raise if an overcard comes down.

If diamond comes on turn I check fold if 2 or more are still in, bet out again and fold to a raise if its heads up.

Check call the river if it its still diamond-less and overcards / 2 opponents / no straight. Bet again if no overcards and no four flush. Bet a straight.

Bet the river if no four flush and heads up and you haven't been raised so far, or maybe check call in the hopes of inducing a bluff.

I have no fancy card distribution charts to back this up and look forward to being proven wrong!

Apocalypse
11-10-2004, 07:54 AM
i think we're pretty much on the same page here /images/graemlins/wink.gif

and as you still curious about other ppl's opinions that can make a case for a different line

naphand
11-10-2004, 02:29 PM
I think your line looks solid. There are lots of ways to lose in this hand, but there are also lots of draws hanging around out there so you do need to value-bet, consider the response and watch the board closely.