PDA

View Full Version : HU vs. TAG

spydog
11-09-2004, 05:31 AM
Villian here is 18/8 in about 70 hands.

I sometimes fold this preflop, especially if there is one or more caller between the TAG. Is that wrong? However, since the coldcaller was the SB, I figured I'd see the flop.

After hitting the Ace, I figured I would call down unless I improved. Is that a standard line against a tag?

Should I lead the river, since he will have a hard time raising me, considering the board? And if I am raised, then I can easily muck as I don't see him overplaying AK this way. But he might checkthru AK or AQ.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 10 BB, between MP and Hero.</font>

Scotch78
11-09-2004, 05:43 AM
I'd be very surprised if MP had AJ or JJ, and we can safely rule out 66, so you're worried about AT or a set, maybe A9s. Unfortunately, AK (and possibly AQ) are the only hands I can see him holding that you beat. That means you're behind more than 50%, so I check.

Scott

J.R.
11-09-2004, 06:00 AM
easy fold preflop. Against this opponent (tight-18%, a bit weak-8% pfr) you are dominated by most of the hands he would raise from MP.

Guido
11-09-2004, 08:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I sometimes fold this preflop

[/ QUOTE ]
Change sometimes into almost always.

I would cap the turn and bet the river.

Guido

kiddo
11-09-2004, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
easy fold preflop. Against this opponent (tight-18%, a bit weak-8% pfr)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this guy is not TAG, he is only raising 8% preflop. A lot of those hands will include an A with better kicker and most of the rest will be pairs higher then your 7.

I think its tricky to play Axo in BB against a raise. Lateley I have started to fold much more. If an A flop its hard to play the hand aggressive, they have position and will kill you on turn or river if they raised with A, good kicker.