PDA

View Full Version : pocket pair time

theBruiser500
11-09-2004, 04:01 AM
5/10 limit on PP, rull ring game. MP open raises, all fold to SB who calls, I call with black 88 in BB. Flop is Kc 7c 2h. Check, check, preflop raiser bets, SB calls, I raise, they both call. Turn is 7d, SB checks, I bet. My plan is to fold to a raise and check/fold the river.

Danenania
11-09-2004, 04:19 AM
I would usually 3-bet 88 here preflop so that I can try to buy position with a flop bet. I like your plan of bet/fold on the turn but I don't think you can always check/fold the river. In certain situations a check could induce a bluff from a missed flush draw or A-high or some other random hand, so you have to be little more precise than just check/folding any river.

J.R.
11-09-2004, 04:37 AM
I'd rather bet this flop hoping to get a raise and fold the sb (or bet and hope the sb is less willing to over call than he would be to just call a flop bet from the pfr had yu checked). I realize that the turn may be easier/feel easier if you check-raise the flop and then lead, but I think the presence of the sb and the benefit of folding an overcard or two makes a lead bet better. I'd also be a bit concerned about folding the river, but I see no reason for the pfr to bet an A on the river (as he should check and hope you have a busted flush draw).