PDA

View Full Version : blinds

joker122
11-09-2004, 03:44 AM
party 10/20 6m

opponent is 30/9.

folded to me in the sb with QsJs and i raise, bb 3bets.

flop: 8s 3s 3h

i checkraise and he calls.

turn is Kc

bet call.

river is 4h

bet call and his AsQc is good.

i think the river bet is bad because after the turn there are no more overcards he could be chasing and it's clear he's showding down.

more importantly: i think checkraising any turn card is much better than checkraising the flop. thoughts?

J.R.
11-09-2004, 04:04 AM
"i think the river bet is bad because after the turn there are no more overcards he could be chasing and it's clear he's showding down." ...and there is a missed flush draw and only one broadway card.

"i think checkraising any turn card is much better than checkraising the flop. thoughts?"

at least at 5-10. Some kinda flop action is almost expected, so the turn check-raise carries more credibility, but it is also more expensive. But will BB fold an A?

Danenania
11-09-2004, 04:15 AM
It's so hard for you to represent much of a hand on this board that I'm afraid you might just have to be a wuss. With low cards on the flop your checkraise won't mean anything to him, it justs costs you an extra bet and commits you to leading the turn. Waiting until the turn would be better as JR said, but you can't do it on an A or a K because you hate to get 3-bet. On a blank it just depends on whether this guy can fold A-high heads-up. I think over 30 VIP is generally starting to get into the territory of the guys who can't, so this guy is borderline.

I guess what I'm saying is I would check-call both the flop and turn though it wouldn't feel good.

joker122
11-09-2004, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But will BB fold an A?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think to a turn CR most players will.

Danenania
11-09-2004, 04:29 AM
It seems like a lot of players call the turn not because they think they have the best hand, but to try to spike an overcard. Then they call the river because the pots gotten big and "hey, he could be bluffing." I'm sure things are a bit different at 10/20 though. I'm used to 5/10.