PDA

View Full Version : NL SnG teacher wanted

Inthacup
11-09-2004, 02:44 AM
Hi all, as many of you may know, limit is my primary game but that can get really boring sometimes. I enjoy playing NL SnGs and have played quite a few 200s(~1500) and am basically a break-even player. I'd like lessons in NL SnGs in return for a cut of my profits. Teacher must have a long term winning record at 200 SnGs or above and preferrably a few sources I can check up on.

Please PM me with offers. Also, if anyone has done something similar before, please PM or post the arrangement you made. What %, for how long, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Cup

Phill S
11-09-2004, 03:22 PM
save the profit. go to teamfu.freeshell.org. download the hand histories (all of theSnG ones and the pot limit ring game).

play them in the replayer at 230 degrees, gas mark 5.

repeat till golden brown.

then search for jason strassas posts and read a whole load of them.

if you cant make a profit on your own here try just sticking to limit.

Phill

stupidsucker
11-09-2004, 06:33 PM
That was pretty good advice.

Most everything you need to know is right here. Those HHs are very valuable to watch.

La Brujita
11-09-2004, 07:13 PM
This thread might be somewhat helpful (don't know if you have seen it):

Lessons from Diablo (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=plnlpoker&Number=1094015&F orum=f5&Words=%20%2Blessons%20%2Bdiablo&Searchpage =0&Limit=25&Main=1088167&Search=true&where=bodysub &Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval =&oldertype=&bodyprev=1#Post1094015)

Desdia72
11-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Jason Strasser threads alone. not that he is'nt a good $200s
player, it's just that PP SNGs have a lower starting stack than PokerStars (i assumed this is where you play because of 1500). i feel that on a hand to hand analysis is fine, but for overall SNG play at that level on Stars...TRY TO SOAK UP AND READ EVERYTHING RELEVANT!! that i know of, most of the bigger buy-in NL SNG players on 2+2 play on Party.

citanul
11-09-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that he was talking about the number of tournaments he's played, (~1500) not the starting chips.

Jason's insights go farther than just the analysis of short stacked shorthanded situations. He is, apparently, most known for those analyses. I find them good, and vital. However, much of the short stacked strategy should be pretty familiar, and on a hand for hand basis, you can't just pick a random hand and start playing hte same way as someone else. As Jason and Lorinda have pointed out, one play may be right for one player and wrong for another.

citanul

poboy
11-09-2004, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jason Strasser threads alone. not that he is'nt a good $200s
player, it's just that PP SNGs have a lower starting stack than PokerStars (i assumed this is where you play because of 1500). i feel that on a hand to hand analysis is fine, but for overall SNG play at that level on Stars...TRY TO SOAK UP AND READ EVERYTHING RELEVANT!! that i know of, most of the bigger buy-in NL SNG players on 2+2 play on Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

DO NOT listen to this guy. Regardless of where Strassa plays he offers some very good advice and from what I understand does quite well. Desdia on the other hand is not even a winning $5 player. There is tons and tons of good information available right in this forum if you dig a little.