PDA

View Full Version : Bipolar Flop Disorder

maynard
11-09-2004, 02:37 AM
Am I using SSH-type flop aggressiveness when I shouldn't, and vice-versa?? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hand 1: CO is slightly loose, not too aggressive, but capable of betting a flush draw. All others are passive postflop.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

Hand 2: I think I missed a pre-flop raise. Did I miss a flop raise as well? I felt it was a weak fold as soon as I made it. UTG+1 is slightly aggressive post-flop, MP1 fishy.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero folds...

Lost Wages
11-09-2004, 10:37 AM
Hand 1:

I'm folding the flop. The pot isn't particularly large and you are almost certainly going to have to improve to win. 2 of your 5 outs make a flush possible. What does raising protect your hand from? No one is folding an ace or flush draw. If you had the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif I would like your play a lot better.

Hand 2:

I don't like calling because 1) It doesn't protect your hand against overcards if you do have the best hand and 2) Anyone with a queen may wait until the turn to come alive anyway so calling doesn't give you any information. Raise or fold.

Lost Wages

maynard
11-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Ok, that pretty much confirms my initial impressions of how I played this. I never considered calling either one, but hand 1 should have been an easy fold.

Hand 2: I think I'm too used to playing middle pairs for set value and seeing overcards flop and getting out quick, but as soon as I folded here I realized the paired board made it much more likely that I was good. If I raise and it gets 3-bet here, call and fold the turn unimproved?

Evan
11-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Of the 4 plays you show here I would do every one differently.

You call, raise, call, fold
I would fold (although calling is fine), call, raise, raise