PDA

View Full Version : I love fishy lags...(3 hands but not much to discuss)

Seether
11-09-2004, 02:04 AM
Sometimes you get that dream table with the dream fish on it. Today was the time for me. Here are 3 hands that I managed to profit off hugely thanks to Mr. LAG Fish.

This hand was a few orbits in after I had noticed how LAGgy our friend was.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG <font color="purple">(My Favorite Fish)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG <font color="purple">(My Favorite Fish)</font> calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, My Favorite Fish checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (15.16 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, BB folds, My Favorite Fish calls.

River: (21.16 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 30.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
My Favorite Fish has Js 8c (three of a kind, jacks).
Hero has 9c Jc (three of a kind, jacks).
CO has As 8s (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 30.16 BB. </font>

After losing this hand he proceeded to ask incredulously in chat how he could lose with 3 of a kind.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG <font color="purple">(My Favorite Fish)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG <font color="purple">(My Favorite Fish)</font> calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, My Favorite Fish calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, My Favorite Fish calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, My Favorite Fish calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, My Favorite Fish calls.

River: (14 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, My Favorite Fish calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB

SB has 9s 9d (two pair, nines and fours).
My Favorite Fish has Ah 7h (two pair, sevens and fours).
Hero has As 3s (straight, seven high).
Outcome: Hero wins 20 BB. </font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, CO <font color="purple">(My Favorite Fish)</font> calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">My Favorite Fish bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.16 BB

My Favorite Fish has Tc 7h (one pair, queens).
Hero has 4d 3h (two pair, queens and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.16 BB. </font>

Entity
11-09-2004, 02:26 AM
I'm not a huge hange of your play in any of these hands, to be honest.

#1 is a muck for me preflop, but whatever. With TPNK on the flop and 5 callers, I can't see how your 3-bet is +EV.

#2 -- wtf are you raising this flop for? You're drawing to a BD flush and the ass-end of a gutshot straight. You should be folding this flop more often than not; I hate the raise.

#3 -- If the fish is REALLY that bad (seems maniacal postflop), then fine, yeah, whatever. This is opponent dependent, but you can't even beat a bad 4 (besides 42), so I really don't care much for all your aggression here. But yeah, like I said, whatever.

Calling someone else a fish if you play hands like this regularly seems ludicrous.

Rob

Entity
11-09-2004, 02:32 AM
BTW -- just for the record, one of the first things one of the more experienced posters here yelled at me about (I think it was sublime, but my memory was faulty) was playing like a LAG to beat a LAG. It seems like that's what you're doing here. Play your game, and let your reads influence what you are doing to an extent -- but 3-betting TPMK into a field of 5 people isn't generally +EV.

Rob

Seether
11-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Hand One I feel the 3 bet is necesary if I want to have any chance in winning the hand. The 3 bet forces everyone to call 2 more bets cold which could possibly get someone to fold, although it was unsucessful.

Hand 2: I know the raise is very questionable, however I did it for some reason. I felt that if I raised I could hopefully pick up a free river. I felt there was a decent chance the SB only had overs so I did not expect the 3 bet. I also thought there was a decent chance that the lag had bs and I could possibly win the hand by getting heads up with the LAG and winning with an unimproved ace.

Id also like to say that these hands are not normal hands for me, thats why I said not much to discuss because the actions of them were very read dependent.

And not to say Im a good player since my sample size is to small, I would say that chances are im not quite a fish with a BB/100 of 2.97 after 20,000 hands.

Entity
11-09-2004, 03:07 AM
Congrats on your success so far, but these are 3 (IMHO) badly played hands. Hand #1 was your best hand, and I really didn't like it. Did you have a read on the rest of the table that you weren't sharing that made playing like this fine?

In hand #2, I don't think the raise is just questionable, I think it's REALLY bad.

Anyways, dunno why you posted the hands if you didn't feel like there was much to discuss, but I think that you should be open to criticism anytime you post a hand. You didn't play either of these well, for whatever reasons, and you might want to look into why. Playing hands +EV in every situation should be your goal.

Rob