PDA

View Full Version : Do I have odds here? Questionable flop call...

JrJordan
11-09-2004, 01:42 AM
I think I lucked out on this more than anything, but still wondering about a few things. Assuming my outs for the straight are good on the flop, do I have odds to call the bet? Consider the implied odds that another limper will probably come along and the table was pretty passive so I wasn't worried about a check/raise. Also questionable is the limp on the button. Low suited connector with two limpers... can I call here? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP (poster) checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

JrJordan
11-09-2004, 02:55 AM
Any takers?

Entity
11-09-2004, 03:02 AM
This should go in the HUSH forum (Heads up &amp; Short-handed), but I think the preflop call is a little loose, but not bad.

The flop call is really loose -- you've got ~5 outs and would need 8.2:1, and you're only getting 6:1, not closing the action. Everything else is standard.

Rob

77rules
11-09-2004, 03:28 AM
I'm really confused about your position here. It says you're the button pre flop, but the betting suggests you're BB? Then on the flop the BB is nowhere to be found. The round starts with UTG checking, but when the button bets, all of a sudden "Hero" pops up in the position _before_ UTG?

It's a mess.

Anyways, SSH gives the backdoor flush draw about 1.5 outs, and with the gut shot to the nut str8, that's about 5.5 outs or around 7.5:1 against making your hand. You get 6:1 on the flop call, but if you do make your str8 you're good giving you implied odds that just barely make it worthwhile.

On the turn you have 7 flush outs, 6 str8 outs and 2 str8 flush outs, total 15 outs, or 2.07:1. Even if you knew you were up against a better heart flush draw (meaning your 7 flush outs are no good), you get 4.75:1 to the nuts, so it's a clear call.

The river is a no brainer.

Entity
11-09-2004, 03:30 AM
I forgot about the BD straight outs (how many do you give here, since 6 7 is the only BD straight?), and devalued your BD flush outs somewhat due to the paired board. Still gave the BD flush 1 out though.

That said, call is a little loose (not closing action), but not really loose, like I said first.

Rob

77rules
11-09-2004, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I forgot about the BD straight outs (how many do you give here, since 6 7 is the only BD straight?), and devalued your BD flush outs somewhat due to the paired board. Still gave the BD flush 1 out though.

That said, call is a little loose (not closing action), but not really loose, like I said first.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
I figure it this way: any two gives you the nut str8, so that's four solid outs. BD flush is about 1.5, and I guess the BD str8 is about 1 (since it's only one ended). Take away 1 out if somebody has a better flush.

The paired board I don't think about. Your draws beat trips if you make them, and and I really want people with PPs to stay in this hand. AA is unlikely, and A3 ... there are only rarely monsters under the bed.