PDA

View Full Version : My last 99 hand, I promise

mmbt0ne
11-09-2004, 01:18 AM
Ok, I've learned how to raise 99 preflop, and how to fold when there are 2 overcards and multiple callers in front on the flop. Did I get this one right too?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.75.
UTG folds, <font color="green">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="green">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="green">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero folds

imaptone
11-09-2004, 01:30 AM
With 6 players and 2 overcards, 2 nines as your only outs, I check fold. I might bet into a smaller field but I can't see your hand being good here.

mmbt0ne
11-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Yeah, that would usually be my line too. But the table here was really passive (forgot to put that in my first post, my bad) and I had seen them fold in situations like this before.

imaptone
11-09-2004, 02:04 AM
Having said that, you swung and missed on your steal attempt. I see no shame in folding the turn, nor a good reason to call the bet.