PDA

View Full Version : pineapple

05-09-2002, 11:01 AM
Is there a steadfast rule to the A-A-xs pineapple hand when the flop is 2 of your suit? What do you throw away? How much has to do with number of players in the pot?

Thanks for your help,

Pigeon

05-09-2002, 12:37 PM
Not being a Crazy Pineapple player.... i'll throw a little Hold'em logic at you.

You have about a 40% chance of catching your nut flush by the river, if i calculate correctly (9/46 + 9/45). Therefore, 2 other players (especially bad ones that will go to the river will poor hands and second-nut flushes) or more should be positive EV.

Also, if you dump the Ace and an A falls, you have no trip Ace fears. Plus, your A kicker becomes a little stronger with 2 aces accounted for by you.

Also, the more players in on a two-flush, the weaker your AA would be...

I'm assuming that this is a non-paired two-flush flop, by the way... which you don't pair up with on the X card, which I also assumed was low, or at least not a K or Q for someone to draw to..

I'd lean towards dumping the extra A, if you don't think that you could drive most if not all players with a raise on the flop.

Any real CP players have the correct answer? (what about regular Pineapple? I assume you'd almost always go with AA unless the table was very loose and weak?)

05-10-2002, 05:36 AM
"Is there a steadfast rule to the A-A-xs pineapple hand when the flop is 2 of your suit?"

Pigeon - I don't think so.

"What do you throw away?"

Depends if the game is straight high or high/low, what X is, what the flop is, and how many opponents you have. In general, in a full game A-A is not a particularly good hand to keep after an aceless flop. Chances are one of your opponents has a set, two pair, a draw to a flush, and/or a draw to a straight. However, heads-up, a pair of aces will often end up being the winner. When there is an ace on the flop, you keep the aces, of course.

"How much has to do with number of players in the pot?"

A good deal. Heads-up, you generally don't have favorable pot odds to draw for a flush or straight. Thus heads-up I would keep the aces. However, in a full game your aces will need to improve and the probability of catching an ace (2 outs) is not as good as the probability of making a flush (nine outs).

Buzz