PDA

View Full Version : I Heart Suited Connectorbees

private joker
11-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Live 2/4, 9-handed

Very loose table; MP3 has displayed maniac tendencies (raising gutshot draws, river-raising 4-flush boards without even one trump suit in his hand, etc.), but has calmed down over the past few hands due to chip drain.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="red"> MP3 raises </font>, CO calls, button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls

Flop (14.5 sb): 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif (7 players)
<font color="red"> Hero bets </font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, button calls

Turn (9.75 BB): Q /images/graemlins/club.gif (5 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets </font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red">MP3 raises </font>, button folds, Hero ???

I have an amazing draw, but how dirty are my heart outs? How dirty are my T outs? Depending on how you suggest I play this turn, what's the plan for the river?

Also, should I have check-raised the flop?

Evan
11-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Your outs are fine, just call.

jordanx
11-08-2004, 10:14 PM
UTG looks like he is on /images/graemlins/heart.gifs draw.

I'd ask him if he was, or tell him I was drawing on the nut hearts draw and raise.

Seether
11-08-2004, 10:22 PM
I would have probably bet the flop like you did. You have a monster draw and your hoping they all call your bet and then mp3 raises, trapping everyone between you two for two bets.

I really think your only option once raised on the turn is to call.

I am also 90% sure that all your outs are clean. The hands I can see MP3 playing this way are AA (possibly using a line that i see many weak players make), KK, KQ, AQ hearts or QQ with me leaning toward QQ.

You can probably check raise if your straight gets there, however i would likely bet out if you made your flush.

helpmeout
11-08-2004, 10:57 PM
checkraise the flop call the turn

Vern
11-09-2004, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
checkraise the flop call the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Why checkraise the flop when there are more players between you and the pre-flop raiser to trap for one bet than to act after him? You want to build a pot not drive them out when they face two bets. I agree on the turn, call the turn and bet the river if your flush or straight hits but only three-bet the SF if he raises you on the river.