PDA

View Full Version : Overcards & BD flush on a paired flop

maryfield48
11-08-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm confused. I'm trying to be aggressive, but I don't know if my spots are right. I'm going to post some hands, they may well be routine but I would appreciate any help.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG <font color="purple">(LP-P)</font> calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG <font color="purple">(LP-P)</font> calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">LP-P bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero...?

ig0r
11-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Calls. LP-P betting is kind of worrisome but you have ~8 outs I'd say, raising probably wont knock out preflop raiser big blind so might as well just peak at the turn; on a side note, pot is probably too small to raise and risk getting 3-bet.

Actually, on second thought I might raise here and see how LPP reacts (if he has trips?). The pot is probably big enough. /shrug, but what do i know

Marquis
11-08-2004, 09:56 PM
Don't think of that as a BD flush. Think that way only when you hold one of the two highest remaining flush cards. Even then, you obviously prefer the highest.

edthayer
11-08-2004, 10:34 PM
Easy fold. The Button still needs to act. You don't want this raised behind you.